Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 14th in the Prem and QF of the FA Cup

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It sounds great but doesn't look great when we are only 2pts away from relegation zone!!

There at the end of the season then we'll all be dancing.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We've achieved nothing yet, for sure, but we really are doing as well as anyone ought to have realistically expected.

In fact anyone not content as things stand, is in danger of looking like the moronic entitled bell-ends down the coast, who drove out Claude Puel.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wonder if we will finish higher than 13th (our highest ever final league position)? Might seem unlikely given our run-in, but it's so tight a few unexpected good results could do it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going pretty well so far. Shame about the FA's "Let's have no more small clubs besmirching Wembley's fair turf - Newport and Rochdale are more than enough for one season - and let's get the Big Four into the semi finals" draw.

el punal

We've achieved nothing yet, for sure, but we really are doing as well as anyone ought to have realistically expected.

In fact anyone not content as things stand, is in danger of looking like the moronic entitled bell-ends down the coast, who drove out Claude Puel.

As I am constantly saying to my Saints loving chums! You had a manager, j'accuse, who in his FIRST season took you to 8th position in the league and took you to a cup final and yet you sack him. Then replace him with a Sami Hyypia Mk 2 who is way out of his depth. That old saying rears it's ugly head - "careful what you wish for". Boy, has that bitten them on the bum. :cheers:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As I am constantly saying to my Saints loving chums! You had a manager, j'accuse, who in his FIRST season took you to 8th position in the league and took you to a cup final and yet you sack him. Then replace him with a Sami Hyypia Mk 2 who is way out of his depth. That old saying rears it's ugly head - "careful what you wish for". Boy, has that bitten them on the bum. :cheers:

Although as things stand he could still take them to a cup final and win it. Could ...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It was a very odd feeling last Saturday being the "big club" in an FA Cup tie. I did enjoy the Coventry fans outside singing "Check-a-trade Champions, we know who we are" :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It feels much nicer to be in the PL. The step up in standard is tangible (and I'm talking only about our players and play). Even the standard of natter on NSC has improved. It's amazing how, with time, as the numpties and dinosaurs die off, they are replaced by much more reasonable and reasoned people. (dons tin hat in anticipation of the half a house brick arriving through my patio windows, lobbed from the public bar of the Railway Bell . . . . :lolol:)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It feels much nicer to be in the PL. The step up in standard is tangible (and I'm talking only about our players and play). Even the standard of natter on NSC has improved. It's amazing how, with time, as the numpties and dinosaurs die off, they are replaced by much more reasonable and reasoned people. (dons tin hat in anticipation of the half a house brick arriving through my patio windows, lobbed from the public bar of the Railway Bell . . . . :lolol:)

Thanks mate. I know you’re talking about me. I am flattered.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We played our current ‘reserve’ strikers on Saturday......worth a combined 25 million quid or thereabouts. Mental really.

Was about 10 years ago, watching us at Molineux, when someone pointed out that the Wolves bench cost more £££ than our entire 11 on the pitch - OGH upfront for us set the tone of our buying in those days ....

My how we've moved on and up in the last decade.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here