Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 24/2 - 25/2

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure if that's a Freudian slip or another Wilfried one.

Just a typo, but on reflection, one that it would have been rude to edit :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Amazing that United were second for so much of this season. They've rarely looked like an impressive side. Chelsea are flaky but have individuals who crowds pay to watch, and have their moments. I can't stand Hazard, but he's a fabulous footballer. Liverpool and City have been blistering at times, and Spurs are quite capable of playing great football even if the likes of Alli haven't been on top form.

United have just bored their way into the top few. They're so dull to watch: do they have a single player you'd think "Yep, he's worth the admission fee" about?

This is one of those classic "couldn't care less who wins" games for me.

Equaliser for United, of course.

Do you think the fan base that Manure have amassed throughout the UK (outside of Manchester), they will have the sense to start supporting their local teams, after waking up from the dullness that is Manure :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you think the fan base that Manure have amassed throughout the UK (outside of Manchester), they will have the sense to start supporting their local teams, after waking up from the dullness that is Manure :)

I've no doubt there are thousands of authentic Mancunians and Salfordians for whom United are legitimately their local team, and who supported them through the lean times of the 1970s and 1980s (at least in the sense of not being title contenders), and really, it's not fair to knock them. They're football fans, just like all of us.

But I've never seen so many day trippers in red shirts as there were when we played at Old Trafford this season, never heard so many different accents and languages at a football match. It's just a big shirt-selling commercial operation.

I hope we can pull off a surprise result at OT in the cup. No reason why not.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Amazing that United were second for so much of this season. They've rarely looked like an impressive side. Chelsea are flaky but have individuals who crowds pay to watch, and have their moments. I can't stand Hazard, but he's a fabulous footballer. Liverpool and City have been blistering at times, and Spurs are quite capable of playing great football even if the likes of Alli haven't been on top form.

United have just bored their way into the top few. They're so dull to watch: do they have a single player you'd think "Yep, he's worth the admission fee" about?/QUOTE]

Spot on with all this.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've no doubt there are thousands of authentic Mancunians and Salfordians for whom United are legitimately their local team, and who supported them through the lean times of the 1970s and 1980s (at least in the sense of not being title contenders), and really, it's not fair to knock them. They're football fans, just like all of us.

But I've never seen so many day trippers in red shirts as there were when we played at Old Trafford this season, never heard so many different accents and languages at a football match. It's just a big shirt-selling commercial operation.

I hope we can pull off a surprise result at OT in the cup. No reason why not.

Perhaps I was being a tad harsh on some of the legitimate supporters, but as you've mentioned, you cannot get away from the circus that is the commercial side.
It would be bloody fantastic to actually beat them at Old Trafford, to progress further in the FA Cup and surpass that 1983 effort, which was great too.
Wembley, Wembley :vuvu:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps I was being a tad harsh on some of the legitimate supporters, but as you've mentioned, you cannot get away from the circus that is the commercial side.
It would be bloody fantastic to actually beat them at Old Trafford, to progress further in the FA Cup and surpass that 1983 effort, which was great too.
Wembley, Wembley :vuvu:

It's still possible we could play Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-final, isn't it? I quite fancied that, but then I thought that perhaps it wouldn't do to have the season echo 1983 too closely...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's still possible we could play Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-final, isn't it? I quite fancied that, but then I thought that perhaps it wouldn't do to have the season echo 1983 too closely...

The way the footy has gone this season, it wouldn't surprise me if Swansea made it through, and you'll still have that Sheff Weds echo :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]967772935242113025[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!
Hey Edna, how was yesterday for you and Mr K? Did you go together, and did you gloat or did you give him some space to reflect on a beating?

A video of you screaming in his face would be good.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

United have just bored their way into the top few. They're so dull to watch: do they have a single player you'd think "Yep, he's worth the admission fee" about?

This is one of those classic "couldn't care less who wins" games for me.

Equaliser for United, of course.

Think I’ve said this before...

But they couldn’t have handpicked the fixtures better.

At home after most (if not all CL games)

Easiest fixtures to start with - first 6/7 all against bottom of the table sides.

Haven’t had back to back top 6 sides.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Overall, a very good weekend for the Albion. We won another vital 6 pointer and other than Hudd, just 1 or 0 points for all our rivals.
The main thing obviously being that we won, but if I could re-run the other results, I would. The Hudds win was bad, and away points for most of the rest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hey Edna, how was yesterday for you and Mr K? Did you go together, and did you gloat or did you give him some space to reflect on a beating?

A video of you screaming in his face would be good.

We all went down on the train together, but he was in the away end with family members. Luckily, he was wearing quite distinctive clothes, so I was easily able to pick him out and aim appropriate gestures in his direction from the WSU when our goals went in.

In all honesty, I didn't gloat too much, for reasons I won't go into, but I did permit myself a satisfied smile when meeting up with them all after the game. Several satisfied smiles in fact. Alright, I chuckled away quite a lot for the next few hours. Dignity and grace in victory is important, you know?

This morning, once their initial gloom had subsided, I did this to his Swansea City garden gnomes, took a photo, and sent it to him while he was at work.

28168663_10155855700151638_8699650364984672221_n.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In all honesty, I didn't gloat too much, for reasons I won't go into
Maybe you want your marriage to last :)

I did permit myself a satisfied smile when meeting up with them all after the game. Several satisfied smiles in fact. Alright, I chuckled away quite a lot for the next few hours. Dignity and grace in victory is important, you know?

This morning, once their initial gloom had subsided, I did this to his Swansea City garden gnomes, took a photo, and sent it to him while he was at work.

28168663_10155855700151638_8699650364984672221_n.jpg
:lol: That is brilliant.

Just in case:
https://www.relate.org.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here