Watford v Everton (17:30)

Sunday 25th
Palace v Spurs (12:00)
Man U v Chelsea (14:05)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's going to be a long week.

Given their current problems, I'm a bit surprised West Brom are such short odds to beat Huddersfield. Shorter odds than we are to beat Swansea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Our first MUST-WIN of the season.

Also looks like a must-win for West Brom v Huddersfield.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Home wins all the way for me, please, except for a draw at West Brom and an away win for Spurs. Oh, and maybe an away win for Everton too.

If I can't have that, just make sure it's three points for us, and damn the rest!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Given their current problems, I'm a bit surprised West Brom are such short odds to beat Huddersfield. Shorter odds than we are to beat Swansea.

Leicester beat Stoke
Burnley beat Southampton
West Brom beat Huddersfield
We beat Swansea

...and the table would look decent for us.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hudd's home win the other day was their first in months and they've been playing awful/shipping goals. Away from home, they're awful.

Swansea have been great this year, unfortunately.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
WBA - Hudd draw (don't want WBA to get a win, as they have loads of winnable games. That would give momentum).
But if they win those winnable games, it takes more points off of teams that are closer to us. They need 3 wins just to be close to everyone else (and they've only had 3 all season).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That is one squeaky weekend coming up. Just have to focus on our game, a win means making ground on at least a couple of rivals, a defeat could mean a drop to the bottom 3.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Brighton win
WBA - Hudd draw (don't want WBA to get a win, as they have loads of winnable games. That would give momentum).
Watford loss
Stoke loss
Southampton loss
Bmuff - Newcastle draw
Palace loss

Would be perfect for me.

Only change to this would be Bmuff. I think they will be safe, so happy to see them win and keep Newcastle in the mix.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hudd's home win the other day was their first in months and they've been playing awful/shipping goals. Away from home, they're awful.
But West Brom have only won 1 in 25 games, and they're odds on. Hudd's won 4-1 away at Watford, they can do it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I viewed West Ham as the first. If we hadn't taken 3 points, we'd now be in the bottom 3.
If we hadn't taken 3 points, we might have approached the Stoke game differently and possibly won. You could say we'd be in the bottom 3 if we hadn't won any one of the games we won.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But if they win those winnable games, it takes more points off of teams that are closer to us. They need 3 wins just to be close to everyone else (and they've only had 3 all season).

I want them to take a definite slot. Plus I can't stand the club, and their playing style under many managers. One win and I can see them doing a bloody Palace and winning loads more.

Obviously if I could act as God and engineer all the results, I'd make them marginally go down, whilst winning against our other rivals.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we hadn't taken 3 points, we might have approached the Stoke game differently and possibly won. You could say we'd be in the bottom 3 if we hadn't won any one of the games we won.

I thought we'd lose at Stoke, same as Stains ..... they had home advantage and have PL squads builit up over many years with great players such Shaquiri, Lemina, Ward-Prowse, Bertrand.

With home advantage and winnable games running out, I viewed WHU as the first of our mini cup finals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I want them to take a definite slot. Plus I can't stand the club, and their playing style under many managers. One win and I can see them doing a bloody Palace and winning loads more.
First and and by some distance foremost, we want us to stay up. That's all that really matters. Our chance of staying up improves if WBA take lots of points off our other rivals. Us finishing 10 points above WBA won't be any consolation if we go down with them.

With home advantage and winnable games running out, I viewed WHU as the first of our mini cup finals.
Yeah I don't disagree. Several cup finals - we won't win them all, but we need to win a few of them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Saturday 24th
Leicester v Stoke (12:30)
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Brighton v Swansea
Burnley v Southampton
Liverpool v West Ham
West Brom v Huddersfield
Watford v Everton (17:30)

Sunday 25th
Palace v Spurs (12:00)
Man U v Chelsea (14:05)

One of those gameweeks where if everything goes as expected and to plan the table could look VERY nice at the end.

However, that has pretty much NEVER happened this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here