Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC speak - but not on NSC

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I found myself using fixtures and shirley (I know shirley is a film quote but is used often here)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I use binfest, fixtures and flumpage. I believe the last two are only used on this fashion on NSC?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 21.32.33.png

Describes herself as "French in London" on Twitter, and haven't the heart to question her shameless cultural appropriation :angry:

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I don't think 'absolute scenes', or 'scenes' are NSC phenomenons? Fixtures and we're loose are the only ones I don't think I've heard anywhere else.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I've started using "ok mate" in a kinda non-sequitir fashion in my Whatsapp groups. Nicked it off that dinny kid who used to post on here.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Were loose has always been a favourite and comes out occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I wondered what 'excuse fixtures' meant, so I might as well ask, what does this mean:

????

Just noticed your join date, so i suppose it is something that you genuinely dont understand.
Although the other replies you have recieved are correct in that it is something that has been posted before, it came about years ago because so many people used to start threads or ask during threads "when are the fixtures out?". It happened so regularly and really became a bit boring.

So now if someone starts a thread that has been posted previously it will usually be greeted with "fixtures" within the first few replies, or if someone starts a thread that they feel may have been done before they will quite often say "excuse if fixtures"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just noticed your join date, so i suppose it is something that you genuinely dont understand.
Although the other replies you have recieved are correct in that it is something that has been posted before, it came about years ago because so many people used to start threads or ask during threads "when are the fixtures out?". It happened so regularly and really became a bit boring.

So now if someone starts a thread that has been posted previously it will usually be greeted with "fixtures" within the first few replies, or if someone starts a thread that they feel may have been done before they will quite often say "excuse if fixtures"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fixtures&utm_source=search-action

since 2006

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I started this thread ages ago, and thought it had died a death! However, on a related note - we have just been issued with lanyard ID cards at work for the first time. The football goers amongst us have [rather childishly I accept] been going round saying 'who are ya, who are ya?' to others....

Only one of my colleagues has responded with 'who the 'kin hell are you?' so far!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here