Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will they announce the date and kick-off time for the United FA Cup game?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When the TV channels decide which games they are showing, all 4 will on TV so it’s up to BT and BBC to decide who’s showing what and when.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would imagine BBC get first pick. They will pick Man Utd v Brighton and stick it in their prime 4pm Sunday afternoon slot. Which would be a bit of a shit. As Saturday is the optimum time I could go.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I would imagine BBC get first pick. They will pick Man Utd v Brighton and stick it in their prime 4pm Sunday afternoon slot. Which would be a bit of a shit. As Saturday is the optimum time I could go.

Same. Sunday would be most inconvenient for me. I'm sure the broadcasters will take that into consideration though.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Those of us involved in Youth Footie hoping against hope that any day is chosen apart from the Sunday.. it will definitely be a Sunday wont it..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They will wait until the Man City game tonight, then look at the distances fans are having to travel to make it possible for those travelling the furthest the best chance of getting to the game and home again afterwards. They will then rush to get the details out by 6am tomorrow morning so all the club involved and all the fans have the maximum possible time to put plans in place. They will also talk to railway companies to ensure their ticket prices for advance fares and anytime fares are the same for the journey from stations close to the home club to the away club. Finally they will talk to Highways England to ensure any roadworks on the motorways are suspended the evening of the match to avoid B road detours for those travelling by car or coach.

Its quite a complicated process but you need to remember they will give the fans who will attend the matches the priority.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it is 45quid, it's a no from me!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They will wait until the Man City game tonight, then look at the distances fans are having to travel to make it possible for those travelling the furthest the best chance of getting to the game and home again afterwards. They will then rush to get the details out by 6am tomorrow morning so all the club involved and all the fans have the maximum possible time to put plans in place. They will also talk to railway companies to ensure their ticket prices for advance fares and anytime fares are the same for the journey from stations close to the home club to the away club. Finally they will talk to Highways England to ensure any roadworks on the motorways are suspended the evening of the match to avoid B road detours for those travelling by car or coach.

Its quite a complicated process but you need to remember they will give the fans who will attend the matches the priority.

Wodehouse prizewinner?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could be a chance of Friday night? BBC have put some of their bigger games in that slot this season.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Man City and United can't be at home on the same day.
Would imagine BBC will go for Leicester v Chelsea, so up to BT what fits best for them. They have Liverpool at 5.30 on the Saturday, so want to put Man U after that at 7.45

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I'm assuming they will also consult the Met Office to better understand the weather conditions at each of the grounds?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Man City and United can't be at home on the same day.
Would imagine BBC will go for Leicester v Chelsea, so up to BT what fits best for them. They have Liverpool at 5.30 on the Saturday, so want to put Man U after that at 7.45

Goody, extra time and penalties we can all look forward to a cooked breakfast when we get home on Sunday morning

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sarcasm_Detector_exploding.png

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Let's face it. Anything other than 5.30 Sat will be a major pain in the arse. Given the other options, train times, people working etc etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here