Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there ever be a Brightonian (boy) born who is NOT related to Matha Gunn?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
'Five' is right out.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've just done a search on Google. There only seems to be three actual references on the internet to a 'Matha Gunn'. One is this thread, and another is in a thread where the name Martha is used hundreds of times, with one 'Matha' in the same sentence as 'Martha' (implying it's a spelling mistake, not a discussion). The final one seems to be from a child on a schooltrip, but they also mention a Richard Russel. Is that Scandinavian as well?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
martha-gunn
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/8505585/martha-gunn#view-photo=824070

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There is an online picture of her grave.

It says 'Martha'.

So I'm guessing that even her family and folk at the time knew less than HB&B.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
There is an online picture of her grave.

It says 'Martha'.

So I'm guessing that even her family and folk at the time knew less than HB&B.

You need to check how it's spelled around Hangleton. In case, you didn't know HB&B's user name also has a weird spelling of Hangleton.

Apparently it's quite common round 'his parts' :wink:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
More importantly, will HB&B ever post anything that isn't :
A. Complete drivel.
B. "Look at me, ME ME ! I'm more Brighton than you"
?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
World class bollocks once more from our resident scribe. Nobody does it better.

To ask a question with the sole intention of displaying ones superior knowledge of Brighton, yet in the same moment make the question incomprehensible (whilst also getting the basic facts wrong thus undermining the whole shebang)... you sometimes have to simply stand back and just admire the sheer stupidity on display.

"It’s well known and frequently discussed around these parts."

I'm genuinely worried for his sanity.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just checked with my Dad who is 'from round these parts' and a passionate genealogist. He did extensive research into the family of Captain Fred Collins, who was a distant relative of Martha Gunn. I asked him about the origins of the name debate. Is it Matha or is it Martha? He'd never heard of any such debate.

D

Deleted User X18H

World class bollocks once more from our resident scribe. Nobody does it better.

To ask a question with the sole intention of displaying ones superior knowledge of Brighton, yet in the same moment make the question incomprehensible (whilst also getting the basic facts wrong thus undermining the whole shebang)... you sometimes have to simply stand back and just admire the sheer stupidity on display.

"It’s well known and frequently discussed around these parts."

I'm genuinely worried for his sanity.

I just went to the back garden for sundry purposes of no concern to you and my neighbour said “ I wonder what Matha would make of Britney, I like her, (Britney) but she’s not to everyone’s taste, it will certainly be interesting around here that weekend”

D

Deleted User X18H

Just checked with my Dad who is 'from round these parts' and a passionate genealogist. He did extensive research into the family of Captain Fred Collins, who was a distant relative of Martha Gunn. I asked him about the origins of the name debate. Is it Matha or is it Martha? He'd never heard of any such debate.

Round these parts nowadays , I mean, he can here what post 1997? I doubt he is ingenuous like what I am.

Everyone knows it’s Matha. Ask Max MIller

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here