Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rochdale v Tottenham

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, but people have decided Ali is a diver so therefore there can be no genuine penalties if he's involved. Keep up!

Alli’s diving is on a par with Zaha and today was no different. Nobody falls over like that, throwing your legs in the air.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Back in August, I wonder what odds you’d have got on Wimbledon, Newport and Rochdale playing at Wembley this season?!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Alli’s diving is on a par with Zaha and today was no different. Nobody falls over like that, throwing your legs in the air.

Or like Lamella at Liverpool, keeping his legs bent in mid air as opposed to going feet first to avoid falling over like what a normal person would do.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
So many Spurs fans on here, the only contact was made by Ali dragging his leg into the defender then leaping like a salmon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So many Spurs fans on here,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so many "Albion til I die", "I used to go to the Goldstone", etc Albion fans on here who also support another PL team. I don't understand it - if you supported Spurs, etc before why change because Albion got promoted?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ali’s action was an embarrasment to every decent minded football fan, sadly spurs don’t have many of those any more. He’s a grotty little man, punching way above his weight along with the rest of the Wembley Wanderers. The sooner him, and others who choose to cheat like him are stopped, the better for our game. Not sure how or when that will be, so many more millionaires will be made, but surely their time has to come, doesn’t it?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great game, the Crown Oil Arena is always a tough place to go so knew Tottingham wouldn’t have it their own way but staggered how lowly Rochdale are given how well they played. Keith Hill their gaffer seems like a top bloke too.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Massive dive. Disgrace if they don't expose him afterwards. Mind you, with two ex Spurs in the studio, I am not holding my breath. Madley is hopeless on penalties. He falls for the con-trick every time ( e.g last Saturday )

I'm against VAR in play. But I'd like to see players punished properly for this kind of stuff using the video evidence, Ali was barely touched, ref conned a theatrical dive. So glad Dale equalised against these cheats

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
10f85d8b65e64255cd8af8b0b6a21d8d.jpg

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
You could tell the gulf in class between the two clubs today, when a Rochdale player was fouled, they went down like a sack of potatoes, when a Spurs player went down, they executed a perfect triple salchow with double pirouette before gracing the turf and gliding to a halt. Rochdale have a lot to learn before the replay!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Great game, the Crown Oil Arena is always a tough place to go so knew Tottingham wouldn’t have it their own way but staggered how lowly Rochdale are given how well they played. Keith Hill their gaffer seems like a top bloke too.

It will always be Spotland and I remember that 3-0 defeat on a Tuesday night in the traumatic 1996/97 season. I didn't go but it's just the result and team we lost to that hit home to me how much we were in the shit at that time.

Mega fans who went that night. I can't think of anything more depressing on that cold October evening than witnessing that. A very bleak era.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'm against VAR in play. But I'd like to see players punished properly for this kind of stuff using the video evidence, Ali was barely touched, ref conned a theatrical dive. So glad Dale equalised against these cheats

Most of the football pundits agree that it was a penalty, it’s not as clear cut as you make out. There was contact, maybe he went down to easily but if a defender goes for a ball and misses and catches the player he can’t really complain if a penalty is given.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spotland looked different in 1971.

Replay date might be hard to squeeze in? Palace host Spurs on 26 Feb 2018.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
On first viewing I thought it was an obvious dive but looking at replays from different angles there obviously was definite contact. The way he went over was suspect though - it is one of those where VAR wouldn't necessarily help as it still comes down to opinions on how significant the contact was to making him fall over.
Thank god Dale got an equaliser - great old fashioned cup tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here