Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting line up swansea

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: It seems that Locadia is meant to run around a lot and seems the best choice.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think that there are two key questions

Can gross play in one of the deeper midfield roles in place of Propper or Stephens. If this was the case Locadia could play with Murray up front. Id say this option seems unlikely.

We must play Izquierdo who has been on fire. Can we play Izquierdo and Locadia together on the wings. Could one of them (Locadia) play right wing?

If neither is an option then I expect the usual starting line up with March on the right wing. Locadia could come on for Gross or Izquierdo and Ulloa for Murray

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think that there are two key questions

Can gross play in one of the deeper midfield roles in place of Propper or Stephens. If this was the case Locadia could play with Murray up front. Id say this option seems unlikely.

We must play Izquierdo who has been on fire. Can we play Izquierdo and Locadia together on the wings. Could one of them (Locadia) play right wing?

If neither is an option then I expect the usual starting line up with March on the right wing. Locadia could come on for Gross or Izquierdo and Ulloa for Murray

There is absolutely no way we can afford to put Stephens on the bench, for Gross or anybody else. He should be, and I imagine probably is, the first name on the team sheet, as demonstrated by our record with/without him over the last couple of years.

Did you notice the total lack of control we had on the second half on Saturday, after Stephens was replaced? That was no coincidence. Propper and Kayal are good players but don't perform the role for us that Stephens does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
as demonstrated by our record with/without him over the last couple of years. .
That was then this is now.

We've not played without Stephens, in a better side against considerably better opposition.

Swapping Stephens for Gross is a little bit different to swapping him for Rohan Ince.
But even with that said, I do agree it's a stooopid idea.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
PS: It seems that Locadia is meant to run around a lot and seems the best choice.

He’ll start all the games against the top 6 (including cup) instead of Murray for that reason (we’ve tried everything else!). I suspect we’ll see him as a late sub on Saturday or an early one if we are behind early in the 2nd half. I don’t see Ulloa getting much of a look in BTW.

Groß is obviously first choice in the number 10 position for the rest of the season and so should he be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here