Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting line up swansea

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It amazes me people would even consider dropping Gross. He is 2nd top scorer with 5 and has 3 more assists than any other with 6 (Propper has 3).

Locadia has to either displace Murray or picked instead of one of the wide players in my view.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You have to factor in the fact that Locadia is just coming back after a long lay off from injury. We don't know how fit he is yet. PL is a lot more demanding than a cup game against a L2 side

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray, March, Izquidero, Stephens, Propper?
Oh come on.

Murray - pass or shoot?
March - Has been lacking in end product all season, partly because of the speed of the opposition.
Jose - If you thought he cut in too much before his recent goals!!
Stephens - From 30 yards away.
Propper - Stood next to Stephens.

Pascal is the most gifted passer of the ball, in the squad.
Hopefully Jurgen will become the squads most gifted goal scorer, with the added bonus of pace.

The thought of not pairing them together is almost criminal.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Locadia will replace Murray....after 60 min

The same team that started against West Ham will play I should imagine.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't really get this? :shrug:

What is Gross, our second highest scorer, our highest number of assists, and he's a 'more cautious' pick? Was I watching a different game against West Ham as he orchestrated most of our attacking play?

Will be interesting to see how Locadia fits in, but I can see a Gross/Locadia lineup before we see a Locadia/Murray one...

I can't... we shall see... and picking out Wet Sham is a bit of a joke... how many games have we been caught out by being over-cautious? Stains and Toffees spring straight to mind for starters...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pascal Groß:

26 games

5 goals

6 assists

2.2 Key passes/game

Pass Completion = 77.2%

31.4 passes/game

Last 7 games - 22 chances created (1st in PL)

I'd definitely drop him in favour of a striker with pace. :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair chance of this.

CH's substitutions might not be so scripted anymore now he has a monster bench to choose from.

Murray on 60 minutes.
Gross on 65 minutes.
Winger swap on 85 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Man City should drop Kevin de Bruyne - he's too cautious. Replace him with an out and out striker.

In fairness KdB did nothing last night.
If last night City had bought on a striker, instead of him, they'd have put away a few of those 20 chances created in the last 15 minutes...

...oh, hang on a minute!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think Man City should drop Kevin de Bruyne - he's too cautious. Replace him with an out and out striker.

Goals win games, we may have to win ugly but win we must. Gross plays lovely football but we have suffered all season with end product, we need end product. (*Stick your money on a Gross hatrick in our 6-0 win against Swansea with the team we've played all season :laugh:)

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In fairness KdB did nothing last night.
If last night City had bought on a striker, instead of him, they'd have put away a few of those 20 chances created in the last 15 minutes...

...oh, hang on a minute!

In fairness, City as a whole did nothing last night.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
CH's substitutions might not be so scripted anymore now he has a monster bench to choose from.

Murray on 60 minutes.
Gross on 65 minutes.

to hold onto our 3-0 lead!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Murray on 60 minutes.
Gross on 65 minutes.
As you say though, we'd expect Gross to start. A winger swap is standard affair. Of course it depends how things have gone in training, but I'd think Locadia would come on in the second half, unless we're losing and Swansea are sat back, in which case Chris might choose height instead.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At this stage I think we will go with caution.
The defence picks itself for me with Schelotto and Bong having the shirt for the full back spots.
Similarly central midfield will go to Stephens/Propper.
The wide men are more difficult. I think March will start purely because he is generally better than Knockaert defensively & that might be a factor with Schelotto's tendency to rampage forward.
Murray and Gross will start I think with licence to run their socks off before a Ulloa/Locadia switch which may come earlier than we are used to around the hour mark.
Agree with most of that, but I'm not sure CH has got it in his make up to make early substitutions like you suggest. Hope I'm wrong. We'll see.....................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You jest I know (and I wouldn't be dropping Gross), but Kev doesn't start as one of a front 2, he's already got 3 strikers ahead of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goals win games, we may have to win ugly but win we must. Gross plays lovely football but we have suffered all season with end product, we need end product. (*Stick your money on a Gross hatrick in our 6-0 win against Swansea with the team we've played all season :laugh:)
Gross hasn't suffered with end product, in their half of the pitch he has repeatedly been the only shining light.
Gross needs attacking movement around him.
The moment the opposition become afraid of Jose and AK/Solly then Pascal has the space and time to control the game.

He can't do that when the wingers are behind the fullbacks.

The Albion have been the easiest team to defend against, all season, because they have been so slow through the middle
Pascal is the one player the opposition have to think about, and in doing so, when they are good enough, they have taken him out of the game.

If the opposition are scared of one winger, concerned about the other AND (hopefully sooner rather than later) become frightened of the centre forward, Gross, and the rest of us, will think all his Christmas' have come at once.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gross hasn't suffered with end product, in their half of the pitch he has repeatedly been the only shining light.
Gross needs attacking movement around him.
The moment the opposition become afraid of Jose and AK/Solly then Pascal has the space and time to control the game.

He can't do that when the wingers are behind the fullbacks.
That's how I see it too, and why Gross had such a good game against West Ham. Izzy has been a great help, we just need March and Knocky to step up.

Of course I could be wrong, maybe he was just being lazy before and decided to make an effort because there was new competition for his place :rolleyes:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Gross is a good player, without doubt, but the main reason I'd replace him in attack is that he can play the ball, has good vision but doesn't shoot, he either tries to walk it into the net or passes as if to give the risk / chance to someone else, I'd rather we had more attempts on goal which is why I'd prefer Locadia who seems to offer that.
Gross "doesn't shoot"?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gross "doesn't shoot"?!

Possibly confusing 'doesn't shoot' with 'only shoots when that's the best option for a goal'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here