Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting line up swansea

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get it now. Your concern is that we've only scored 22 goals all season (0.81 per game), and your solution to that, is to drop the player that has (by way of scoring or assisting) provided HALF of them.

Understood.

A proper :lolol: :bowdown:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I get it now. Your concern is that we've only scored 22 goals all season (0.81 per game), and your solution to that, is to drop the player that has (by way of scoring or assisting) provided HALF of them.

Understood.

If the alternative is better, then yes...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Where's "Cheeky Monkey" or whoever it was (apologies if not you CM but it was a similar name) who backed up BW's posts..... by being him? Surely it's about time for an appearance?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Where's "Cheeky Monkey" or whoever it was (apologies if not you CM but it was a similar name) who backed up BW's posts..... by being him? Surely it's about time for an appearance?
Sorry CM. It was "Sock Monster". Where's that lad gone? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Sock Monster... where is he when I need him!? :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Understood.

...... as I've said, I think an all out attack with Murray & Locadia may generate more goals given the position we find ourselves in. The games in the latter part of the season may be more open and results may be less predictable. This is just my opinion, I'm not saying Gross is a bad player or Hitler was misunderstood, I'm merely offering my opinion, it differs to yours but that doesn't make the opinion wrong, it's just different. This is, afterall, a football forum so I thought people may appreciate all opinions?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lost passwords are easy to find. Unless you no longer have the email address. [emoji23] X

Different person... honest...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Different person... honest...

If I'd not been on my phone then I could have avoided making a dick of myself on the other user...........seeing as it's your sig.

I guess SM was actually your Mrs then. :lolol:

Seriously, I'll leave it. :albion2:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As you say though, we'd expect Gross to start. A winger swap is standard affair. Of course it depends how things have gone in training, but I'd think Locadia would come on in the second half, unless we're losing and Swansea are sat back, in which case Chris might choose height instead.

I'm not sure how this thread has developed (so you or others might have made these points already), but I can see the rationale in starting with Murray, and replacing him with Locadia (and, if needs be, bringing Ulloa on to partner him. Swansea are going to sit tight and be difficult to break down, and will play on the counter-attack, especially as a draw is a great outcome for them. Gross' ingenuity and Murray's goalscoring are the players and qualities that are most likely to open them up, and so they should start. If we do manage to go ahead, then Swansea will have to open up more, and this is when Locadia's pace and movement will be more useful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course.
The 'problem' (for the purposes of debate) is the team, despite the obvious shortcomings, has done pretty well without SB.

Not well enough for some, apparently we definitely would have had bagged far more points if we’d taken the game to top 6 teams, as well as going for the jugular against Palace, Everton etc. To solve this playing malaise, we need to drop Gross and play 442. That would guarantee a stack of wins against all comers in the last fixtures.

With that change there are no inherent dangers of:
a) Losing the CM battle
b) Missing Gross’s goals and assists
b) Being picked off on the counter as we push forward with 2 strikers and tactics to match.

Simple. Finish in top 10 a cert.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Bong may be injured but nobody knows yet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fernández and Mawson are two good central defenders and Fabianski is a good keeper. The choice of our forward line is crucial.

Mawson has exceptional stats for passing out of defence. Ideally, a forward that can tackle back would be best. That sort of rules out most of them.

Failing a forward that can pressurise a defender in possession (Baldock is probably is best at this) one that can provide a continual threat (Ulloa &/or Locadia?).

Both Ulloa and Locadia looked short of match sharpness, but both of them looked quicker and sharper than the others. But Murray has more guile. I could even present a case for Hemed or Baldock.

I would have Bruno in defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here