Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Best bargains you've found

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice bag of ethereum for under £8 each. (now worth around £800 each...and highly likely to reach £2000+).

Yada yada. Just try getting your profit out. It'll all be "Oops, sorry, we appear to have been hacked, we'll have to temporarily suspend withdrawals (but not deposits). Please be patient while we try to resolve" :bla: :bla:

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? You will do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I maybe wrong, but you only have to pay up to a certain amount for care, leaving some funds to the person, then the rest is payed by local authorities?

I am not sure how they treat people who have in effect sold their property to insurance companies and they have no assets...I suppose it could have been seen that you sell your house , blow all the money on holidays etc, and then throw yourself on an impoverished council to look after you. We would all do that I suppose.

Interesting times coming up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am not sure how they treat people who have in effect sold their property to insurance companies and they have no assets...I suppose it could have been seen that you sell your house , blow all the money on holidays etc, and then throw yourself on an impoverished council to look after you. We would all do that I suppose.

Interesting times coming up.

I was giving an example to where my wife's granny, moved in to a care home, she sold her flat, used the proceeds to fund her care, which got down to a certain amount, leaving the rest to her.
This was a few years ago, so things may have changed, I guess?

https://www.carehome.co.uk/fees/feesadvice.cfm

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...em-to-help-everyone-plan-for-the-cost-of-care

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Yada yada. Just try getting your profit out. It'll all be "Oops, sorry, we appear to have been hacked, we'll have to temporarily suspend withdrawals (but not deposits). Please be patient while we try to resolve" :bla: :bla:

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? You will do.
I'm involved in Bitcoin... already made profit of over 500%, in GBP in my account (or spent). It's not as difficult to get out as you think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Bought a really nice Antler suit carrier in the sales about five years ago, reduced from £125 to £87. Got home to discover that the Sales Assistant had been so busy talking to his mate when he rang up the sale he'd only charged me 87p.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At what page did those struggling to get on the housing ladder stop reading this thread?!

Probably best not to mention that when me and the missus bought our first house in Brighton, early 80's would have been, Brighton Council were giving out 80% grants (if memory serves, might actually have been as much as 90%) to replace your roof. Only qualification for this grant, again if memory serves, was that your house had to have been built pre-1919. That'd be a huge number of the houses in Brighton then. Seems like another planet now.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
One for the ANTI-bargain.

When the Spectrum 48k was in the shops, I once saw the original price at £125 - sale price £124.90...

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Thomas Cook £60 off any booking. Failed to add a minimum spend. Took the diary down and booked a years worth of Dublin returns, £12 each inc tax.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
On a trip to Littlehampton a couple of years ago I found a John Cena pop vinyl in a little video game shop for £10.

Sold it for 110 a couple of months ago. Happy days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here