Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Best bargains you've found

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A lifetime supporting the Albion.
It's cost me a fair bit over the years but the memories are absolutely priceless.
Cheesy, but true.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
This is turning into one of the all time great threads.

I bought my house for two sheep in 1726 and now it's worth £3m...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I bought a 3 bed house , now a 4 bed house in Brighton for £65,000 22 years ago.

A two bedroom chalet bungalow semi detached £27,000 35 years ago!

They are now going for stupid money...one around the corner went from£320,000

Rediculous.

It is ridiculous, but for us, its great, if we can tap into the profit, once we eventually retire and move.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Surely houses don't belong on this thread, unless you bought one for a ridiculous price in the relevant era.

Buying a house in 1985 for the same price as everybody else bought their houses that year and selling it thirty years later for ten times the value doesn't make it a bargain does it? That's just how the housing market works, surely.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have both the High Tide albums on Liberty from 1969 on vinyl. I paid about one pound fifty in 1974. Fifteen years ago they were avertised for £500 each.

And, no, they are not for sale.

I will take your High Tide (and fine albums they both are) and raise you with Rainbow Ffolly - Sallies Forth purchased for £1 in the early 90's from an antique shop in Arundel.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Surely houses don't belong on this thread, unless you bought one for a ridiculous price in the relevant era.

Buying a house in 1985 for the same price as everybody else bought their houses that year and selling it thirty years later for ten times the value doesn't make it a bargain does it? That's just how the housing market works, surely.

Totally agree - If they had bought their houses for £60k today and then sold it for £220k like mine cost tomorrow, then it's a bargain - but If my place is worth £440k in 30 years time, then it won't exactly be a bargain if everything else has gone up by 100% in that time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I will take your High Tide (and fine albums they both are) and raise you with Rainbow Ffolly - Sallies Forth purchased for £1 in the early 90's from an antique shop in Arundel.

Will have to look that one up....

Loved the antiques (junk) shops in Arundel circa 1980. And the museum with the double headed sheep. :bowdown::thumbsup:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A top-specced Macbook Pro on eBay. Seller advertised it on the wrong sub-section and had almost no views.
Got it for 350 almost new condition.

Seller had no complaints. :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1970/71 Rothman’s Football Yearbook in Arundel for £8, they go between £50-65 on eBay.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I have both the High Tide albums on Liberty from 1969 on vinyl. I paid about one pound fifty in 1974. Fifteen years ago they were avertised for £500 each.

And, no, they are not for sale.

Bloody hell! I used to have mint copies of those! They played at De La Salle in The Drive, Hove, circa 1970. An old friend of mine promoted it. Apparently they were smoking opium in the changing room prior to the gig! Somewhat ironical, as the teachers were monks and were referred to by the students as 'Father'. God only knows what would have happened if the police had raided the place! Sadly I missed that gig and never saw High Tide live.

D

Deleted User X18H

John Russell’s original portrait of Matha Gunn depicting the correct spelling of her name for £1.99 in the old Open Market back in 1999.

Not the b*llocks hanging in the Pavilion.

Simon Fanshawe offered me a ‘bag’ for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here