Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Mark Knopfler.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Seriously underrated as a guitar player. A million times more talented than present “musicians” who have all the benefits of ramming crap music down your throat with so many platforms to choose from. Imagine what some of these bands could have achieved if their prime was now.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I liked Dire Straits until they released Brothers in Arms, don't know why but I hated it.

It was rather over-produced, which could be the problem. As a guitarist myself, and this was my era, there's not many I would put ahead of him. Unique style, I still love it, but I can understand people who don't.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Carlos Santana?

I'll see your Sanatana and raise you Duane Allman, Eddie van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck.

Mark Knopfler is a good guitarist but I'd not put him in the Top 10, probably not in the top 20.

Having said that I quite like early Dire Straits

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'll see your Sanatana and raise you Duane Allman, Eddie van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck.

Mark Knopfler is a good guitarist but I'd not put him in the Top 10, probably not in the top 20.

Having said that I quite like early Dire Straits

.......Peter Green, Jimmy Page (even though I'm no Led Zep fan,) Steve Hillage

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I have enjoyed their music, but the talking/ lack of singing from the singer(great guitar work) sometimes doesn't work for me.

Telegraph road is a modern day classical music song for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here