NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still makes more noise:-

[tweet]965214285738790912[/tweet]

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just read this thread I think we need to sack who ever designed the stadium.
North stand to small no escalators for the WSU :whistle: toilets two small not enough tables to put your beers on.
Lack of atmosphere due to design. Also home fans should have had both ends behind the goals .
However Its still great stadium.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can list many once 'not popular' songs that are now sung throughout the ground and at every away. Here's a tip, try and join in with them and they spread faster, whether you like them or not. But you won't because you're the problem, not them.

How can that possibly nullify the crowd? The fact that "nobody else in the crowd wants to sing it" is surely the problem not the song, as it's used regularly by us to this day and all fans across the country.

I think that's your imagination at work. Your thought process probably went something like this - "Look at those knobs over there singing things I don't know the words to. Instead of trying to learn the words and join in, I'm going to create a fantasy where they are doing it on purpose to piss us all off."

Until people like the above realise it's them that are the problem (won't happen), it will always be fragmented.

I'm not being anti-police box crew, I'm just saying that there are probably a few other staple favourites that you need to use to get the crowd going.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Was it me, or was there no "We're the North Stand, We're the North Stand, West Stand, East Stand, etc Brighton Boys" chanted at all during the game, because I don't recall it?
As that's normally one of the chants that opposition fans have come to expect whilst having a pleasant trip to the Amex!

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Check out grounds like derby where they moved away fans by the vocal home fans. Amazing atmosphere

Stick away end in west or east lower next to North stand and lets crank it up. No chance of banter as it is. Maybe thats what the club wants?! Both home ends behind the goals and lots more noise

theboybilly

WE WANTED TO TRY THE WEST today (sorry just noticed the caps) and my god did i miss being in the north,dead quiet... did not realise how much the stadium relies on us in the north ! cant wait to get back there for swansea

You are joking. I sit in WSL and it's the West Stand that gets the atmosphere going (mostly WSU I must admit) It takes something special to notice much from the NS - you just seem to get a bit of noise from under the Police box and then something from the section near the scoreboard. I think the SW corner make more of a racket at times

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You are joking. I sit in WSL and it's the West Stand that gets the atmosphere going (mostly WSU I must admit) It takes something special to notice much from the NS - you just seem to get a bit of noise from under the Police box and then something from the section near the scoreboard. I think the SW corner make more of a racket at times

Eh ? From WSL it’s quite rare to hear WSU at all. NS far more vocal.

WSL is crap, but getting slowly better.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Too many not in the right place left everyone a bit discombobulated!

People actually sat down in the centre of the North Stand!

Sums it up! Our usual seats (at the back of the North) had been bought up by a couple of old "Bovril Boys". If they knew the words to any of the songs they made no effort to sing them. Lots of strangers around where we sit; didn't help that the lunacy of not opening ESU & WSU from the get go meant there were far more "non-participants" than usual in the North on Saturday.

As you say......sitting down in the North. :shrug: Hopefully the North will be back to full strength on Saturday and our visitors from the cup game can return to their slumbers.

And to the OP I would say that if you think there is not enough singing.........or you don't like the songs being sung....you can always start a song yourself. You do know that don't you?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Sums it up! Our usual seats (at the back of the North) had been bought up by a couple of old "Bovril Boys". If they knew the words to any of the songs they made no effort to sing them. Lots of strangers around where we sit; didn't help that the lunacy of not opening ESU & WSU from the get go meant there were far more "non-participants" than usual in the North on Saturday.

As you say......sitting down in the North. :shrug: Hopefully the North will be back to full strength on Saturday and our visitors from the cup game can return to their slumbers.

And to the OP I would say that if you think there is not enough singing.........or you don't like the songs being sung....you can always start a song yourself. You do know that don't you?

I did sing the favorites ------------------------- but having JUST two fellas sing Chrisy Hughtons blue and white army constantly in my ear for ten minutes at a time was mental :moo:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I did sing the favorites ------------------------- but having JUST two fellas sing Chrisy Hughtons blue and white army constantly in my ear for ten minutes at a time was mental :moo:

You could always get 'Won't Be Druv' tattooed on your todger SIMMO. #Good Times

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
The biggest problem is that the North isn't as loud as it once was a few seasons ago. The stadium has expanded, the North Stand singers effectively split into 2 sections: Police Box and under the screen. There is no chance with the distance between these groups that they can start the same chant together.

Hence atmosphere is significantly better at away games and the Palace cup game.

Get them together = everyone singing the same song at the same time.

Funnily enough, North Stand being united and louder, will encourage others stands to join in more often...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here