Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere in the north stand today

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Other than the Tattooed Bird and the bloke with a coconut in his ear who in my view are both egotists I thought it was desperately crap.
I stood directly under the police box and no more than twenty of us made a sound.
A few around me must have been recently weened off of their mothers nipple when they put that banner up at the end fffsake :moo:

I had high hopes for the NS today given that people could move seats, but sadly the singing was limp.
That bunch under the police box just sing songs to please themselves, not big crowd rousers...

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Went North today as was hoping for more an away game style atmosphere. Fuming when I got to my seat and found myself next to four twelve year olds on their first big day out. Should be an age limit or at the very least a key swear words test to gain entry.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Was sat in the northern end of the lower West and I was shocked just how quiet the North was.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Sat in my season ticket seat at the back of the north near the police box and the first thing I noticed when I went up from the concourse was how many under 16’s sitting on there phones/tablets around me paying little or no attention to the game.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
WE WANTED TO TRY THE WEST today (sorry just noticed the caps) and my god did i miss being in the north,dead quiet... did not realise how much the stadium relies on us in the north ! cant wait to get back there for swansea

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
North was poor today. Completely out-sung by away support. It's never going to be great anyway with all the middle class early leavers.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I had high hopes for the NS today given that people could move seats, but sadly the singing was limp.
That bunch under the police box just sing songs to please themselves, not big crowd rousers...

I don't get it, why don't you just try and join in with them?

It's this kind of intransigence and bloody mindedness which causes the disharmony. Do you just want Albiyaawn reeled off constantly?

It's taken half dozen seasons for our support to get the hang of the "since I was young.." tune, most seem to struggle with it still:facepalm:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Not really true, "Tony Blooms Blue and White Army" on continuous repeat (normally started by big Dan) is one that should have wider appeal than it does. I believe they also came up with the Goldson Spandau Ballet one that was widely sung at one point yesterday.

"Pass the Bong to the left hand side, Gaetan Bong" is a lesser known Police Box Crew effort sung to Pass the Dutchie...
:cool:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not really true, "Tony Blooms Blue and White Army" on continuous repeat (normally started by big Dan) is one that should have wider appeal than it does. I believe they also came up with the Goldson Spandau Ballet one that was widely sung at one point yesterday.

"Pass the Bong to the left hand side, Gaetan Bong" is a lesser known Police Box Crew effort sung to Pass the Dutchie...
Sorry mate but it's largely true what he says. That is why the NS is so disjointed when it comes to singing. I hear it all the time from West Upper

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

You are aware they aren’t popular songs yet you continue to drone on and on with them that’s exactly his point

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't hear a peep from cov??

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Normally East Upper where we are a loyal aging lot who have been going to matches for many years, Very few kids and the same people in the same seats for years.
We sing "Going up for to win the cup"
For Coventry I was down in East Lower where it was good to see lots of kids, many there for the first time and I hope will be back.
They sang "Stand or Fall"
After that very little noise.
The problem with the North Stand was, well the North Stand weren't there. They'd spread themselves out trying other seats.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The North was quieter than normal.
Mainly because so many non-regulars decided to give the North a go for this game.
There were just five familiar faces around me.

I didn't hear much from Coventry, apart from when they scored and when they sang, your support is ****ing shit, ironically

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here