Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere in the north stand today

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Normally East Upper where we are a loyal aging lot who have been going to matches for many years, Very few kids and the same people in the same seats for years.
We sing "Going up for to win the cup"
For Coventry I was down in East Lower where it was good to see lots of kids, many there for the first time and I hope will be back.
They sang "Stand or Fall"
After that very little noise.
The problem with the North Stand was, well the North Stand weren't there. They'd spread themselves out trying other seats.

This......

Rare journey to ESL for me and it was very, very quiet but hardly surprising as contained swathes of women and children. Couldn't hear the West at all, and the North seemed much quieter than usual. Coventry fans (at least those in the SE) looked like a fair proportion of those wanting to give it the biggun, but they were directing their vitriol at the wrong audience really. On the plus side, it was lovely and warm in ESL until the sun dropped :lol:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Other than the Tattooed Bird and the bloke with a coconut in his ear who in my view are both egotists I thought it was desperately crap.
I stood directly under the police box and no more than twenty of us made a sound.
A few around me must have been recently weened off of their mothers nipple when they put that banner up at the end fffsake :moo:

Just a thought, but I feel persisting with the ‘Chrisy Hughton’s’ blue and white army chant is a waste of time. Nobody else in the crowd wants to sing it, and it just ends up nullifying the rest of the supporters. Just my observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
As someone that has a season ticket in the south end of the WSU, and who was seated in the north end of the WSL yesterday, I commented how noisy the North Stand seemed.

Having read this I’m reminded of the Father Ted scene about the relative size of cows!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a thought, but I feel persisting with the ‘Chrisy Hughton’s’ blue and white army chant is a waste of time. Nobody else in the crowd wants to sing it, and it just ends up nullifying the rest of the supporters. Just my observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Hugh ton
Al......bi.......on.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I was in North yesterday, below the police box. It was hard work trying to get any songs going, not for the lack of effort by those in that section. Far to many in the North not willing to join in. The NSK group sing almost non stop, and fair play to them, all well known songs. Not sure why they get so much grief on here. It felt like we were 2-0 down away at Rochdale. I would say that I can understand why it’s so disjointed in there, quite often the same song being sung but at different stages, eg when Ulloa scored. It certainly is difficult to hear songs starting on the East side of the North under the police box, and I guess vice versa. The answer would be to try and centralise both ends of the North but that’s been done to death.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought overall the crowd were good yesterday. Other than during he last 20 minutes team wobble.

Not the fervour of the home PL wins, but people forget that in many home games this season the crowd including the NS have been quiet for huge periods due to the tension and/or more often than not the team are failing to collect 3 points. Not just Liverpool and Chelsea but Bournemouth for example.

I sat on the NS yesterday near the police box, and there were tons of families.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This......

Rare journey to ESL for me and it was very, very quiet but hardly surprising as contained swathes of women and children. Couldn't hear the West at all, and the North seemed much quieter than usual. Coventry fans (at least those in the SE) looked like a fair proportion of those wanting to give it the biggun, but they were directing their vitriol at the wrong audience really. On the plus side, it was lovely and warm in ESL until the sun dropped :lol:

:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Coventry outsung us and that was disappointing. To generate a decent atmosphere we need North Stand and West Stand full and in position, otherwise it's a bit flat.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not sure everyone know all the words to some of the NSK chants, could be useful to have a thread here for those too shy to ask :blush:

#i'mnotaJCLreally

I can still remember 'Knocked kneed chicken and a bow legged hen', took me a whole season to figure it out though. (1977).

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Coventry outsung us and that was disappointing. To generate a decent atmosphere we need North Stand and West Stand full and in position, otherwise it's a bit flat.

Our vocal support was a bit lazy today. They did well with a few, but we came good with a couple of multi-stand ALBIYAAAAWNs. (I think everyone knows the words).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was in F in North and was fairly good overall. First time in there. East upper pitifully poor after they were the knobs making a fuss about tickets for weeeks on here.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was watching on a stream, and was surprised at how many songs were being sung. Okay, it wasn't deafening, but it did seem to me as though there was always something being sung. I don't know if it was where the microphones were placed, but it actually came across as quite a decent atmosphere.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
WSU was only half full.

1st time for me in the North Stand and it was reasonable - but no louder than the WSU normally is.

same here - not sure if the whole think is spread too far. All those who sing should be migrated to the middle of the stand, clearly not an option yesterday but to get an atmosphere and singing you have to work on it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Yep. Coventry fans were INCREDIBLY loud, even at 3-0 down and continually supported their team (we were ESU south of the half way line). Amazing people saying they couldn't hear them. Just shows again how sound doesn't travel at the Amex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here