Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Man Utd set the prices for games at the beginning of the season. Well done to the Albion for negotiating a discount on those prices for STHs and members - not sure I've heard of anyone else managing this at Old Trafford before.

I don't want to take any kudos away from the Albion, but don't United ST holders get a discount on FA Cup tickets and therefore under FA Cup rules, the same priced tickets must be available to the visiting team. Therefore the Albion have only got what is laid down in the rules.

5 of us booked on a BA "holiday" Heathrow to Manchester Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes with a nice Salford Quays hotel bundled in.

Thanks to [MENTION=27800]King C[/MENTION]ole for the tip off there!

Welcome - Just discovered a BA holiday does not have the 24h cooling off like a flight only would have.

Maybe we can grab a beer pre flight or after the game

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't want to take any kudos away from the Albion, but don't United ST holders get a discount on FA Cup tickets and therefore under FA Cup rules, the same priced tickets must be available to the visiting team. Therefore the Albion have only got what is laid down in the rules.

When I did the Old Trafford tour 4 years ago they said ST holders automatically HAVE to pay for home cup games (of any sort) as part of their package.

No idea if that's still true.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t 7.45pm on a Saturday one of the new tv packages effective from 2019/20 season? So if we’re still in the PL then this may become a kick off time we become used to.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Not on the basic package it isn't.

See my previous post. I've stated that I have their Full House package ( No Sky sports or movies ) and it is included in that package at no other cost. I realise now ( due to other posters and yourself ) that it is not free on all packages. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit. I've just read this post back and realise I sound like BG. :cry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When I did the Old Trafford tour 4 years ago they said ST holders automatically HAVE to pay for home cup games (of any sort) as part of their package.

No idea if that's still true.

In my old job which I left just a few months back, I worked with a few Utd season ticket holders (we had a sister office in Warrington) and yes, that is true. They also told me that if you didn't buy them consistently, they could also have their ST revoked :eek: Same applied for European matches as well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Don't the Premier League and the FA have the ability to turn down TV deals if they state they want to show games at 7:45 on a Saturday night? I can't see that a Sky/BT subscriber is at fault here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
See my previous post. I've stated that I have their Full House package ( No Sky sports or movies ) and it is included in that package at no other cost. I realise now ( due to other posters and yourself ) that it is not free on all packages. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, just putting the info out there to avoid others any disappointment.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hotel booked!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t 7.45pm on a Saturday one of the new tv packages effective from 2019/20 season? So if we’re still in the PL then this may become a kick off time we become used to.

Yeah wasn't to be 8 or 10 games a season at this time??

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yeah, hotel & tickets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
7 bought, lovely stuff.

Note the default block selling at the moment is 331 which is further into the corner. Behind the goal but with a decent height is block 333 or 334.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
This is just a logistical nightmare with the United fans not being able to get the train back to London either! Would've been better being at home against them if it was a 7.45 kick off. Should've been the Saturday lunch time kickoff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here