Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s only ‘free’ if you have the Full House package, I believe.

I have it on Virgin - we pay an extra £12 a month or something for it (along with several other small channels), but we don't have the full package including Sky Sports and the various movie channels.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I dunno if the negligible amount BT Sport costs on top of my internet deal makes me complicit in this. But I can't see why they can't at least contribute to ticket or travel costs, given their riches.

Not that it won't be a marvel if we nick a win, but there are infinite better ways you could spend £100+ than going to a ground we've already visited to see the reserves.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve never quite grasped the animosity towards BT Sport. They’re doing nothing that Sky that haven’t been doing for decades and they’re cheaper. What have I missed?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stockport here we come, took a gamble due to a tip

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I have it on Virgin - we pay an extra £12 a month or something for it (along with several other small channels), but we don't have the full package including Sky Sports and the various movie channels.

Yeah me too. I really like BT Sports actually. The CL and European league coverage is really really good, and I think the level of punditry is far better than the (supposed) viewership figures deserve.

They shouldn't have binned off the European Football Show though IMHO.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I dunno if the negligible amount BT Sport costs on top of my internet deal makes me complicit in this. But I can't see why they can't at least contribute to ticket or travel costs, given their riches.

Not that it won't be a marvel if we nick a win, but there are infinite better ways you could spend £100+ than going to a ground we've already visited to see the reserves.

cause there not making money on the football.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
5 of us booked on a BA "holiday" Heathrow to Manchester Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes with a nice Salford Quays hotel bundled in.

Thanks to [MENTION=27800]King C[/MENTION]ole for the tip off there!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
That's poo then. And I was hoping the BBC would continue their love-in with Utd. So looks like Twitter updates for me (I can't listen on the radio, I get too nervous).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Not a huge amount of money to be fair, but certainly not free. I’m coming to the end of a contract with VirginMedia, when I moved house they gave me a new 18 month package which from £50pm to £80pm for months 12-18. I’ve tried to renegotiate a new deal for when it ends but they’re not entertaining me at the moment. All I want is the run of the mill TV package plus BT Sport but they want £25 on top on the £50 TV package. No deal, Noel.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No trains back so extra money for hotel or coach.

37 quid for the ticket to start with.

Not in the best financial state at the moment so it's a definite no.

Absolutely gutted as it's the first time we've made the QF in my lifetime, I've done every FA Cup game this season and the majority in recent seasons. F*ck the FA! (And everyone else involved in the decision for this kick off time, probably Barber)

The club have no say in the KO time.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Will need to give this some very serious consideration because it is going to b*gger up Sunday as well. Any idea of the points available?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
5 of us booked on a BA "holiday" Heathrow to Manchester Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes with a nice Salford Quays hotel bundled in.

Thanks to [MENTION=27800]King C[/MENTION]ole for the tip off there!

Quality bit of stay-cationing there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockport here we come, took a gamble due to a tip

If any of your party want a GUARANTEED shag (and an almost guaranteed STD) then I recommend a trip to Bredbury Hall in Stockport to celebrate getting to the FA Cup semi-final.

It is impossible to fail to pull there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here