Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
PPF will no doubt confirm wasn't a Norwich fan knifed post match ?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Was that the match when Murray & co knocked out ManUre?

It was, We sneaked it 1-2. Murray with a trademark header and a rocket from 35 yards from Ambrose.

No reason why you can't win up there, You did ok in the league match at OT earlier this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Away allocation at Old Trafford for cup games is approx 8,500 for cup games I believe as they don't have to allow the usual 15% due to the large capacity of their stadium.

Correct.
United are given dispensation to offer anything they consider appropriate. As stated before, we have to pay for all tickets upfront, so that has to be factored in as well. As a rule of thumb, United normally offer ( initially ) between 7.5% and 10% of capacity for cup games. So that equates to roughly 5,500 to 7,500. We could get more but unlikely.

United have a massive Irish following and that is St. Patrick's Day/Weekend. Also England v Ireland at Twickenham, which could decide the title. Counter attractions that could mean less crossing the water for what they would consider a likely routine home win. Timing of the game all important as well, particularly from the Brighton end.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, Manchester United determine the price.

However, a visiting club could subsidise that, should they wish - Derby subsidised their season ticket holders to the tune of £15 of the £45 ticket price in the third round.

Football is a business, the club is a Ltd Co, why would you offer a ticket for less if you expect high demand?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Football is a business, the club is a Ltd Co, why would you offer a ticket for less if you expect high demand?

I'm not sure I understand the question.I'm not suggesting the Albion would or should subsidise Man Utd tickets, I was saying:

1) Man Utd, in isolation, set the pricing for FA Cup ties at Old Trafford.
2) Derby did subsidise tickets for their third round tie for season ticket holders. They didn't have to, of course - I guess it was just a nice "thank you" to their STHs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was, We sneaked it 1-2. Murray with a trademark header and a rocket from 35 yards from Ambrose.

No reason why you can't win up there, You did ok in the league match at OT earlier this season.

I was probably the only Brighton fan pleased. Love it when mega spenders ManUre don't get their entitlement.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm not sure I understand the question.I'm not suggesting the Albion would or should subsidise Man Utd tickets, I was saying:

1) Man Utd, in isolation, set the pricing for FA Cup ties at Old Trafford.
2) Derby did subsidise tickets for their third round tie for season ticket holders. They didn't have to, of course - I guess it was just a nice "thank you" to their STHs.

Just think there are so many comments on this and other threads about the cost of tickets, and what the club should and shouldn't do commercially. It's the same with loyal fans of bands, locations and restaurants etc, all the time there's high demand the price will remain at market rate.

I think there's an argument to lower prices to fill out the away end or to allow the club to block book upfront, but I don't feel it should be just as a nice thing to do.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Shocking that this question needs to be asked. Football is a cultural mainstay of the British psyche and shouldn't be allowed to be taken at from the masses by the moneymen.

Nice idea, but we're well past that mark IMHO

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
United are given dispensation to offer anything they consider appropriate.

I'm not sure that's correct. The usual rule is that the away club can request up to 15%, but at Old Trafford this is 11%. Which is 8,500.

I don't think it's up to Man U to decide what to offer us, it's up to us to ask for what we think we can sell, up to the maximum of 8,500.

According to the FA Cup Rules we have to make the request within two days of the draw. That is - before 8pm tonight.

Interestingly, although seemingly well known and talked about - there is nothing specifically in the rules about a special dispensation at Old Trafford, just stuff about it being possible to vary the allocation if agreed with the Professional Game Board.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
So when do we get to find out when Sky/BT want us to play the game ? I'm assuming the earliest will be tomorrow after the Wigan v Man City match tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here