Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
£45 is savage. Too much. Assume it will be 15% capacity- we could sell that 3pm Saturday kick off, other times less likely. Savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
£45 is a rip off. ManUre exploit their own fans for cup games, and away fans too.

If true, that will be a further deterrant to travel.

Old Trafford is a tourist attraction. They charge tourist prices

theboybilly

That's as maybe but I can't stand for too long so front row is my best option. If you went to OT earlier this season you may know just how tight the legroom is. I was in f***ing agony for 90 minutes. I get that folk will want to go and I seriously hope we fill our allocation but I will sit this one out with a pint in my hand. We are truly blessed with having the Amex as our home

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Old Trafford this season was the game where I decided that this was my last following the Albion away from home. 6:30 am start and getting home some stupid late hour. Traffic chaos in Manchester, M6 holdups, M25 shut. Is it really worth it?
Yep, put me down for a ticket.
But, based on the big prem teams getting through, ours will be the longest journey so surely Sunday afternoon KO.
Meanwhile Sky have, sorry had, Spurs v Newcastle on Friday plus West Ham v Man United and Man City v Albion on super Sunday 18th March. Time to reschedule. Is it too late to move another PL game?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
in manchester for a gig on the 15th, so hoping for the Friday night so i can just stay up there for the game. got work on the saturday annoyingly

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tickets for th league game were like gold dust for an FA Cup quarter final demand will go through the roof, whatever they give us we will sell but due to the phenomenal support Man U get they could sell it twice over. I just hope every fan of ours gets the chance to witness the Theatre of Dreams in person.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really will depend on the timing of the game as to whether I go to Tourist FC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The allocation might be down to how United do it.

It might be a case of "9,000 are yours but you have to pay for them in advance" which would mean the club having to hand over £400k and hope the tickets sell. How much confidence will they have in shifting that many. I certainly wouldn't feel confident.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The allocation might be down to how United do it.

It might be a case of "9,000 are yours but you have to pay for them in advance" which would mean the club having to hand over £400k and hope the tickets sell. How much confidence will they have in shifting that many. I certainly wouldn't feel confident.

Indeed they do:

"How was Derby's ticket allocation decided?
FA Cup rules state that visiting clubs have the right to claim up to 15% of all tickets provided, which at the 75,0000-capacity Old Trafford, is more than 11,000.

The away team has to pay for all of the tickets they ask for."

From an article about Derby's 5,446 allocation >>> https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...manchester-united-derby-county-tickets-910866

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here