Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] bus driver refuses ticket, is that right?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’ve had issues with this driver as well. Refused to accept that a print at home ticket included travel on Brighton Buses.
Video him with polite, but damning commentary.
Also he once refused to pull away from a bus stop when someone accidentally pressed the bell to get off and nobody got off. He turned his engine off and just refused to drive any further till someone got off. After a few minutes he gave up and drove on. Complete Numpty.

Post the videos on here, stick them on twitter, let us all moan about him and maybe the bad publicity will make the bus company do something about it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The driver of the 12A queried our tickets and said it should be a card. We said it was a cup game, so we're using paper tickets. He then shrugged his shoulders and let us on.

I really don't know why all drivers don't show this approach and just let fans on regardless if they even have the slightest query. I would certainly make everyone's lives easier, their own included, and would stop the bus from being delayed.

The majority of fans, (excluding myself), only travel short distances mainly within the city when using their match tickets anyway. Certainly in my case the drivers of the 17 down to Brighton are quite happy to accept my ticket for travel without query.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Post the videos on here, stick them on twitter, let us all moan about him and maybe the bad publicity will make the bus company do something about it.

Fair point. But l think it will take an awful lot of averse publicity for the bus company to act. There is a severe bus driver shortage in the city, with most drivers being forced to do overtime.

Would you like to drive a bus up and down North Street all day, with it's heavy traffic and suicidal pedestrians?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair point. But l think it will take an awful lot of averse publicity for the bus company to act.
Worth it anyway. We pay enough for the service.
There is a severe bus driver shortage in the city, with most drivers being forced to do overtime.

Would you like to drive a bus up and down North Street all day, with it's heavy traffic and suicidal pedestrians?
I'd love to, but I'm too busy posting on NSC.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How can there be a shortage of drivers when we have all these people over here from Europe looking for work and taking jobs?

D

Deleted User X18H

There is a guy who posts on here who used to stand at the Old Steine collecting bus numbers in ill fitting busman’s uniform when he was about 17, circa 1988. He’ll know.

D

Deleted User X18H

I haven’t had any real trouble since the Garcia season when the driver of a 27 at Dyke Tavern stop, told me I could only use it on match days and his boss hadn’t told him there was a match, so as far as he was concerned I must have the wrong day. I sat down and told him to radio and ask for Martin Harris and to ask him, and to use those words. He did and as Harris wasn’t very well known in those days ( before crashes and general unrest ) he got a response and quickly conveyed me and the other passengers to Brighton station. Whereupon I took a train to Falmer

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Presuming this is the number 28/29 it is a bus my Daughter catches home from work. It is frustrating that she wants to go beyond Lewes but cant get on the bus because fans want to travel a few miles. Just saying, that's all.

So you want her to have priority boarding then. OK. Maybe if she has a glass of wine with a friend in a nearby bar after work she can go to the ‘speedy serve lane’ if there are football fans in there. Is this on Saturdays or midweek games IRTGT ?

I think you missed the polite point. The 25 runs every few minutes and, in a way, is the bus for the ground.
The 28/29 runs every 30 minutes or more. It is the bus for T/Wells. If my Daughter cant get on it she has to wait 30 mins whereas fans wait under 10 mins.
Should she go to a bar it would be one without fans or she would wait in a queue.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The driver of the 12A queried our tickets and said it should be a card. We said it was a cup game, so we're using paper tickets. He then shrugged his shoulders and let us on.

I'd have thought it's down to the bus company to brief its drivers on the day as to whether there's an Albion match on or not, and what kind of proof of purchase was to be accepted. Having said that, I printed my Print At Home ticket in black'n'white and it did look exactly like a photocopy. Maybe there ARE some chancers out there who will go the extra mile to screw the bus company out of a couple of quid. Would have thought it unlikely tho.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I've had this on the train, a guard asked for ticket and I had to have a poll of other fans in the carriage as he had never heard of free travel from Haywards heath

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think you missed the polite point. The 25 runs every few minutes and, in a way, is the bus for the ground.
The 28/29 runs every 30 minutes or more. It is the bus for T/Wells. If my Daughter cant get on it she has to wait 30 mins whereas fans wait under 10 mins.
Should she go to a bar it would be one without fans or she would wait in a queue.

So you agree with the drivers point - the one that is most definetly not company policy - that non football folk should get priority boarding. That’s ok, that’s cool. Is it saturdays or midweek games where she has this problem ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
There was loads of room on the 29 on Saturday going to the Amex, I got on fine with my print at home tickets to this and the 700 too (also thanks to advice from [MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5040]Dirty Dave[/MENTION]). Got the 25 back though so can't comment on that, hope that helps :thumbsup:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
On a vaguely related note, I'm very much looking forward to the day when someone challenges the parents whose kids continually press the bells on the P&R bus both to and from the stadium.
I don't blame the kids - some kids just cant help themselves... it's the bell-end (pun intended) parents who are to blame for letting it happen.

I can never see who is doing it, but it winds me right up.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
On a vaguely related note, I'm very much looking forward to the day when someone challenges the parents whose kids continually press the bells on the P&R bus both to and from the stadium.
I don't blame the kids - some kids just cant help themselves... it's the bell-end (pun intended) parents who are to blame for letting it happen.

I can never see who is doing it, but it winds me right up.

Whilst I'm sure it wasn't me, this sounds like the sort of thing I'd do and I'm 25.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First two 700's from Shoreham, too full to enter and they seem to be accepting match tickets. By the time we go to Churchill Square there were five 700 buses nose to tail.

I had seen multiple disputes before on the buses from Churchill Square to Portslade Station before, when the 700s were too full to enter and not enough of them. It all went smoothly, but the trains (when running) are better.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
It does sound like the same chap actually, he did begrudgingly let me on but was adamant that he was right and that i was in the wrong. Fortunately i was in a placid happy mood after taking my kids to their first ever Albion game, took the sheen of an otherwise wonderful day, hence post. Buses do annoy me though, expensive and unpleasant sometimes but like a previous poster, i find majority of the drivers v nice. Shame there is one bad apple. Anyway, thanks for the responses, felt better to be supported on it as was all rather unneccesary.

QUOTE=Questions;8342155]Sounds like our man. He roared into the stop at St Peters and was waving furiously at my wife to stand further back from the curb so she wasn’t hit by the wing mirror. So one hand on the wheel, driving too fast when he could have just slowed down and then had a quiet word. I had to pull her towards the shelter or her head would have been caved in. When we remonstrated he put the alarms on for the first of three times that day. How I didn’t lump him I still can’t believe.

Another thing he did was tell us that Tunbridge Wells passengers had priority boarding and we as football fans had other buses we could get. There was no one going to TW as it happened but that got raised in the emails.
****ing priority for non football fans...... **** he was and sounds like he’s still around.[/QUOTE]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here