Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] bus driver refuses ticket, is that right?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another thing he did was tell us that Tunbridge Wells passengers had priority boarding and we as football fans had other buses we could get.

Seems eminently fair to me. It's a bloody long way from Brighton to Tunbridge Wells on public transport. Especially by bus I'd imagine. Maybe those relatively long-haul buses should be excluded from the transport included deal. Plenty of other public transport options for local fans.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Seems eminently fair to me. It's a bloody long way from Brighton to Tunbridge Wells on public transport. Especially by bus I'd imagine. Maybe those relatively long-haul buses should be excluded from the transport included deal. Plenty of other public transport options for local fans.

noooooo! I catch the 28/29 from Lewes if there's a week day evening match

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can always tell the (mercifully rare) bad bastid B&H bus driver. They don't say a word to you when you get on. They don't acknowledge your cheery 'cheers' when you get off. They don't lower the hydraulic thing for mums with prams or old dears wobbling on half shopping trolley/half zimmer frame. Had a driver like that on the 5B this morning. Total ****.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
You can always tell the (mercifully rare) bad bastid B&H bus driver. They don't say a word to you when you get on. They don't acknowledge your cheery 'cheers' when you get off. They don't lower the hydraulic thing for mums with prams or old dears wobbling on half shopping trolley/half zimmer frame. Had a driver like that on the 5B this morning. Total ****.

Last season a driver told me to enjoy the match ..... and ... he .... was .....a .. Scot

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Definitely not thank you !!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You know a bus driver would have to accept stamps with the queens head on as legal tender.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Definitely not thank you !!

Not quite sure what your post means, if anything. TW is WAY out of the transport zone anyways shirley? Was innocently mooting that TW folks attempting to get from Brighton to TW should maybe be given priority over matchday fans with a dozen other decent transport options of getting from Brighton to Falmer :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not quite sure what your post means, if anything. TW is WAY out of the transport zone anyways shirley? Was innocently mooting that TW folks attempting to get from Brighton to TW should maybe be given priority over matchday fans with a dozen other decent transport options of getting from Brighton to Falmer :shrug:

Look at his location.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Ok yes, sorry, I get what you're saying there, coming from that direction it seems a perfectly reasonable thing, certainly within say an hour pre and post KO. Having free travel from T Wells is amazingly generous IMO and I'm very grateful we have it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There was loads of room on the 29 on Saturday going to the Amex, I got on fine with my print at home tickets to this and the 700 too (also thanks to advice from [MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5040]Dirty Dave[/MENTION]). Got the 25 back though so can't comment on that, hope that helps :thumbsup:

Glad it worked well for you mate.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

True. It would definately leave me with a sore arse if l travelled all that way by bus, but if the 29 is included in the travel plan, then it's most definately fair for fans to use them to travel to/from the Amex.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Nah sorry Tom.

We thank you for your application for Liaison Manager for Brighton And Hove buses but feel your priority boarding scheme for non football supporters might just create a bit of bad feeling between those rushing to get to Dicks for a final pre-match pint.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Video him with polite, but damning commentary.
Video him with polite, but damning commentary.

Post the videos on here, stick them on twitter, let us all moan about him and maybe the bad publicity will make the bus company do something about it.

This, all day long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here