Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.
And yes I know he got the assist, the genuinely shitty cross that found Locadia

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Get 'yer flamethrowers out, I'm prepared.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

He has struggled this season, as he did when he went up with Leicester. Maybe the step up is too much for him, and maybe it's a matter of confidence. It's not gonna help the lad by getting on his back. The guy will always be a legend to me for what he did for our club. I hope he finds his spark and goes on to be a legend in the PL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No shit Sherlock, with a back up staff and everything else, you don't think they have delved into Knocky's mind? He's not having a great time, so what? Nobody is 100% on their game 100% of the time.
Anyone would think last season AK was the footballing version of Mother Teresa.

To me this seasons hissy fits, histrionics and tantrums look ever so similar to last seasons passion, commitment and wearing his heart on his sleeve.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Or maybe peoples expectations of AK shouldn't have been far too high, in the first place.
Am I wrong to expect that the best player in the Championship last season should have fared better so far?
No shit Sherlock, with a back up staff and everything else, you don't think they have delved into Knocky's mind? He's not having a great time, so what? Nobody is 100% on their game 100% of the time.
Sorry snowflake, for having an opinion. This isn't anything personal, its a comment on a football forum about one of our players who I think has a pretty poor attitude, given the fact he's not playing very well.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone would think last season AK was the footballing version of Mother Teresa.

To me this seasons hissy fits, histrionics and tantrums look ever so similar to last seasons passion, commitment and wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Really? What proof of hissy fits, histrionics and tantrums do you possess?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Am I wrong to expect that the best player in the Championship last season should have fared better so far?Sorry snowflake, for having an opinion. This isn't anything personal, its a comment on a football forum about one of our players who I think has a pretty poor attitude, given the fact he's not playing very well.

Snowflake I assume is the new hip word to use?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? What proof do you have of hissy fits, histrionics and tantrums do you possess?

Sorry yes silly me, I mean't Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry yes silly me, I mean't Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball

Again, I will happily back you up, just show me any instance of hissy fits, histrionics, tantrums, stroppy, blame or losing the ball (which everyone does incidentally)... and I am behind you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Again, I will happily back you up, just show me any instance of hissy fits, histrionics, tantrums, stroppy, blame or losing the ball (which everyone does incidentally)... and I am behind you.
Christ you're making this hard work.

I can't show you instances because they don't exist.
I am subverting the point made by the OP, and all the others who seem to have decided to turn AK from hero to villain.

Personally I don't think AK is doing anything different now than what he was being cheered for last year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Christ you're making this hard work.

I can't show you instances because they don't exist.
I am subverting the point made by the OP, and all the others who seem to have decided to turn AK from hero to villain.

Personally I don't think AK is doing anything different now than what he was being cheered for last year.

I know dear, calm down. I saw you taking the piss, but then I thought you swerved into the black hole of darkness, my bad.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yeah. So fed up with him.

I mean it's not as if he's saved us from defeat against a relegation rival by heading a certain goal off the line within the last week, is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absurd thread. Is the OP feeling a bit needy, or what? If it helps, here you go :kiss:

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Should play Izy on the left, Loca on the right, and Ulloa up front......drop knocky and use murray as a sub.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't feel that way, never felt the need to get on the back of players for no reason.

I think he just isn't up to PL standard and he's throwing a hissy fit every game as his performances aren't as good as they were last season.

Frustrated as he wastes so many opportunities.

Not for no reason, but did you get on their backs if they failed to meet your standard?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
To be fair, the OP does have a point. AK has been pretty poor this season, he's struggled to step up to the required standard (he's not the only one), but could you imagine Hemed acting in a similar way?

I'm not saying we should get rid, nor should we get on his back, but someone needs to have a word.

I think the seeds of discontent were sown as far back as the Barnet League Cup game - offering out a linesman wasn't the act of a man who is fully in charge of his marbles.

I think the death of his father hit him more than any of us will ever know, the idea that a sportsman should leave it all back in the changing room is obviously rubbish, but he does have a problem with his temperament at the moment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Because we are, always have been, and clearly always will be, really really shit fans.

well.....i can remember being at the goldstone .....there was always a shit load of moaning going on .........maybe its because sussex has a fairly large catchment and the uber norberts thought we could get to the fa cup and beyond with sussex born players ......never gonna happen .....wake up to yerselves.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Can’t fault his work rate but sadly there has rarely been an end product from him this season and that’s why he is looking so poor in comparison to last season. Yes he got an assist today for the first goal, but trust me he scuffed his cross (as it was right in front of where I was sitting) and it was fortunate it made its way to Locadia. I expected a lot more from him today against league 2 players but overall he was disappointing - could not deliver any decent crosses. I think he’ll be mainly used as an impact sub for the remainder of the season.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I was thinking the same. He is struggling a bit this season but contributed to 2 goals today. Maybe that will inspire him.

To be fair, the OP does have a point. AK has been pretty poor this season, he's struggled to step up to the required standard (he's not the only one).

Trying too hard I'm afraid. Have belief, it'll be alright once he stops having that extra touch

He has struggled this season, as he did when he went up with Leicester. Maybe the step up is too much for him, and maybe it's a matter of confidence. It's not gonna help the lad by getting on his back. The guy will always be a legend to me for what he did for our club. I hope he finds his spark and goes on to be a legend in the PL.

Best thing that could happen is that he gets his confidence back and improves.
I think he's a 100% confidence player who's performance seriously dips when he's had a few poor games.

Don't get me wrong, nothing personal against the guy, but so far most of what I've seen is a sulky, selfish and wasteful player.
But I contradict myself as he's clearly showed moments of quality in a few games this season.

Absurd thread. Is the OP feeling a bit needy, or what? If it helps, here you go :kiss:

Thanks, I was alright until Sussex Nomates called me a nasty name. You've cheered me right up. :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here