Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I feel sorry for Knockaert. What has happened this season has been so inevitable.

He is a passionate, flair player.

Yet for much of the season he has been operating in a deeper more defensive role. Most of the time he has buckled into this task well but as a result when he has got the ball he is generally too deep to do much damage. When he then does get the ball in space he has struggled to deliver, possibly because there is more pressure for him to do so. His confidence has therefore suffered and his form has gone.

I see a player trying very hard, maybe too hard.

The lad has a lot of stuff in his head at the moment and this can’t be helping but I still feel he will come through well eventually.

I’d also add that over the whole season March and Izquierdo have had similar issues in parts. Whilst both may currently be playing well neither has been consistently good for the whole season. Largely for the same tactical reasons as Knockaert I’d say.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He WAS a top player. The flair he showed last season just isn't enough in the PL.

If he can't get sort out the basics of his game then he will never make it at this level. And waving his arms at the fans when HE'S ballsed up does a lot to generate these sort of threads.
Don't agree at all.

I absolutely hate the NSC hive mind that wants to assassinate him.

Not in my name.

:nono:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I feel sorry for Knockaert. What has happened this season has been so inevitable.

Yet for much of the season he has been operating in a deeper more defensive role. Most of the time he has buckled into this task well but as a result when he has got the ball he is generally too deep to do much damage. When he then does get the ball in space he has struggled to deliver, possibly because there is more pressure for him to do so. His confidence has therefore suffered and his form has gone.

The lad has a lot of stuff in his head at the moment and this can’t be helping but I still feel he will come through well eventually.

I’d also add that over the whole season March and Izquierdo have had similar issues in parts. Whilst both may currently be playing well neither has been consistently good for the whole season. Largely for the same tactical reasons as Knockaert I’d say.

Even when he did get the ball in attacking positions he made the wrong choices. Step over, step over, cut back. Oh wait, I’ve lost the ball. Shadow of the player he was last season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

March just "in parts".

He's really struggled in the PL too, anonymous / slow / weak in most of his games. No one could say that March has produced the PL goods.

Izquierdo has and is proving he's up to it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
March just "in parts".

He's really struggled in the PL too, anonymous / slow / weak in most of his games. No one could say that March has produced the PL goods.

Izquierdo has and is proving he's up to it.

Only currently.

How many good games have any of our wingers had. I’d argue Knockaert has had as many as the others.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So the same AK who got an assist today, wont the corner for the second goal kept the ball in for the 3rd and played it back to Bruno today. Not to mention his unreal clearence off the line last weekend.

Yeah the bloke brings nothing to this team. I’ve already made a statement on the original poster. But again id like to say what a prick you are.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
So the same AK who got an assist today, wont the corner for the second goal kept the ball in for the 3rd and played it back to Bruno today. Not to mention his unreal clearence off the line last weekend.

Yeah the bloke brings nothing to this team. I’ve already made a statement on the original poster. But again id like to say what a prick you are.

:lolol: Up at midnight to call me a prick. :lol:

Yes of course he has played some great football at points this season.
In my opinion, he has made more mistakes/had more poor performances than good.

If you're happy with his frequent sulky and selfish outbursts, great.
How did you feel when he ****ed off home for a sulk at 1:30 when he found out he wasn't in the squad a few weeks back?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Better than Championship but not top Premiership quality - which is presumably why Leicester got rid.

Why does this myth keep being peddled on Nsc (& on the concourse today)?
Leicester offered Knockeart a 4 year extension which he turned down to go to Belgium to be nearer his family. His brother had died so he needed to be nearer.
He then wanted to return to England so we bought him.
If I could be bothered I'd post a link to the Leicester Mercury which printed this fact, but as I've done it nearly a dozen times before, I can't be bothered.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why does this myth keep being peddled on Nsc (& on the concourse today)?
Leicester offered Knockeart a 4 year extension which he turned down to go to Belgium to be nearer his family. His brother had died so he needed to be nearer.
He then wanted to return to England so we bought him.
If I could be bothered I'd post a link to the Leicester Mercury which printed this fact, but as I've done it nearly a dozen times before, I can't be bothered.

There's no place for facts on a player assasination thread.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Player moves up a division and isn't ripping it up like he did last year. What a surprise.

Still making a contribution to our relegation fight and giving everything.

Defiantly team AK on this one.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's just that last season he regularly turned players inside out and left them sat on their arse thinking 'what the **** just happened to me?'
They weren't mugs BUT ... this season is a bit different. He is top division quality, last season he was top flight quality against players who were not, on a regular basis ...and how very entertaining it was.
Quality player, we're lucky to have him.
Cracking player.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It's just that last season he regularly turned players inside out and left them sat on their arse thinking 'what the **** just happened to me?'
They weren't mugs BUT ... this season is a bit different. He is top division quality, last season he was top flight quality against players who were not, on a regular basis ...and how very entertaining it was.
Quality player, we're lucky to have him.
Cracking player.

I think on reflection, some of us, me included are expecting too much from him - and knocky himself probably

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
AK definitely has the technical ability to play in the Prem. He looks very much a Prem player with his first touch, link-up play and the involvement he likes to have in matches. His big problem are his mental attributes. He seems far too 'head down and run' when he's got the ball at the moment. He needs to calm down. Today we saw AK shoot aimlessly from 30 yards when there were several options on, we saw him invite tackles from league 2 players but only pass it backwards, we saw crosses go straight out of play. AK has developed a recent habit where he holds the ball much longer than he needs and you can see it's all because he's unsure of what he wants to do.
AK's lost a lot of confidence recently and is struggling to find that match-sharp mindset he once had in the days when he was instinctive and a much better decision maker.

Ak's frustrations are showing in his performances. He needs to stop thinking he can do it all himself and gel with our style of play. If so, he'll be back to being a very good player for us.

Team AK.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
:lolol: Up at midnight to call me a prick. :lol:

Yes of course he has played some great football at points this season.
In my opinion, he has made more mistakes/had more poor performances than good.

If you're happy with his frequent sulky and selfish outbursts, great.
How did you feel when he ****ed off home for a sulk at 1:30 when he found out he wasn't in the squad a few weeks back?

You are a prick if you are happy to jump on a players back so quickly. I’m sure he is fed up of shitty wingey fans like you. Who i am sure if you saw or met him in person would be so far up his arse its untrue.

Just maybe consider he hasnt hit the heights of last season but give the guy a break what do you want from him? Its a tough league and just because you think its sulking. Pretty much a no one, whats it matter. As long as the team arent fussed then get over yourself. People express themselves in different ways. Much like you have decided to lay into a player where as others have decided to stick up and support him.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You are a prick if you are happy to jump on a players back so quickly. I’m sure he is fed up of shitty wingey fans like you. Who i am sure if you saw or met him in person would be so far up his arse its untrue.

Just maybe consider he hasnt hit the heights of last season but give the guy a break what do you want from him? Its a tough league and just because you think its sulking. Pretty much a no one, whats it matter. As long as the team arent fussed then get over yourself. People express themselves in different ways. Much like you have decided to lay into a player where as others have decided to stick up and support him.

We could go back and forth all night about how I'm not a fan and you're up his arse. Makes no sense in doing so.
Everyone has their opinion. A few people feel similarly to myself, a few more people feel similarly to yourself.
And the world keeps spinning.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We could go back and forth all night about how I'm not a fan and you're up his arse. Makes no sense in doing so.
Everyone has their opinion. A few people feel similarly to myself, a few more people feel similarly to yourself.
And the world keeps spinning.

Not many of us make twattish threads about it though. Particularly about a player who in the last minute of our last league game saved us a point and stopped a relegation rival gaining 3 on us, and set up the first goal today to put us in a quarter final.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not many of us make twattish threads about it though. Particularly about a player who in the last minute of our last league game saved us a point and stopped a relegation rival gaining 3 on us, and set up the first goal today to put us in a quarter final.

But apart from that what has AK ever done for us. ???

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He WAS a top player. The flair he showed last season just isn't enough in the PL.

If he can't get sort out the basics of his game then he will never make it at this level. And waving his arms at the fans when HE'S ballsed up does a lot to generate these sort of threads.

Yea, he's lost it in less than a year.

The basics of his game are fine, not sure what you've been watching. If he waved his arms up at fans giving him shit then credit to him, you were shit and he was not. Hope he dropped a couple of c-bombs at you like Dunk. With Bong out the side and Stephens only getting 45 there had to be somebody for the absolute ****ing ***** amongst us to have a pop at I guess.

Maybe you could inform us all which winger of ours has had a better season than Knockaert?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here