Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.
And yes I know he got the assist, the genuinely shitty cross that found Locadia

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Get 'yer flamethrowers out, I'm prepared.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

Twattish comments.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
i reckon there is more to it , he.IS premier.league standard , perhaps there are.problems behind the scenes

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Absurd thread. I'll say it again, Knockaert has had these mannerisms since he signed for us, it's just you're looking at them in a negative way now we aren't winning 2 games out of 3.

Today he was getting annoyed in the second half that Maenpaa wasn't releasing him quickly, so he had a little strop then immediately made a 50 yard run to the byline to fetch a diagonal. He constantly chases down, his attitude and work ethic cannot possibly be criticised. He wants the ball, he wants to win, he has performed well as a team player all season in my opinion.

So he doesn't waltz past 3 and bury it in the corner like he was doing last season, if you thought that was going to be likely in this division then you were a little naive and/or your expectations too high. People saying this is a level too high for him are absolutely clueless. He's a confidence player who is quite capable of a career at this level, just there's not as much confidence on offer in a relegation scrap.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

Was this actually sent at half time! What about encouraging the team !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Knocky has struggled to make the step up but lets not forget the part he played in getting us here. He is a confidence player and his stroppiness is likely just frustration.

This. Hasn't really hacked it at this level thus far, but he'll have to reel in his expectations of himself, same as Hemed and Baldock.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Knocky is trying too hard, getting frustrated, making bad decisions (he made a lot of bad decisions last season but the oppo wasn’t as clever) leading to his petulant outbursts....think he is mostly frustrated with himself.

March on the other hand isn’t trying hard enough and seems to have lost all confidence. So many times he seems to be aimlessly wandering around, in the wrong position (because he hasn’t moved with any pace or sense) or displaying a poor first touch or inability to take on the first man - thought he might have done today with lesser opposition but he still seemed reluctant.

They’ll both come good.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Why the anti AK comments this season, when Solly has produced even less? Bias to one of our own?

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why the anti AK comments this season, when Solly has produced even less? Bias to one of our own?

I find that hard to believe.

History suggests we've always been a politically correct lynch mob.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Knockeart was and is a GOD. Sad you forgot so soon

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
He has struggled this season, as he did when he went up with Leicester. Maybe the step up is too much for him, and maybe it's a matter of confidence. It's not gonna help the lad by getting on his back. The guy will always be a legend to me for what he did for our club. I hope he finds his spark and goes on to be a legend in the PL.

This.....really disappointed by him this year. Todays performance perhaps his worst for a while. He's got work to do to improve or he will fade out of the first team...as there's no space for stragglers...hope he does, something is missing for him right now...

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

#KnockyOut

The new Obika?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Trying too hard I'm afraid. Have belief, it'll be alright once he stops having that extra touch

That's exactly my opinion. He needs to relax and play his normal game. He is desperate to do well.

As for the OP, I'm so FED UP with looking at Nsc, when we've had a good win, to find someone whinging about one of the players. Find something positive to say and stop moaning.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
March started the season much better than I expected, he was playing very uncomplicated football. He would get the ball in the box when he could, put in his shift and he was producing killer deliveries. He's stopped doing that now, in the main, and I'd like to see him back to it for the rest of the season because we need to score more goals and create more chances.

Knockaert has badly struggled because he's so desperate to make it at this level, I think he's a quality player who is stuck in his own mind and trying far too hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in the market for winger upgrades for next season if we stay up. If we don't, we'll retain the players who aren't able to cut it in the Premier League.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Johnny Foreigner gets slagged off first. David Lopez faced that. Then in the pecking order, it's those from far provinces - Barnes (the west) and Murray / Stephens (north west).

March has immunity.
Sadly this us true.

Hacks me off.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What a complete helmet. Why cant we just have a player who is out of form. He has gone through a lot in his own life in the last year let alone trying to adapt to playing in one of the top 4 leagues in europe.

Get off his back and get behind him. What a nob you are.
This
Twattish comments.
This.

No point in scrolling back through the thread anymore - what an utterly clueless post #1.

:nono:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Knockaert is a top player that the NSC knives have been out for recently.

Sad!

He WAS a top player. The flair he showed last season just isn't enough in the PL.

If he can't get sort out the basics of his game then he will never make it at this level. And waving his arms at the fans when HE'S ballsed up does a lot to generate these sort of threads.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here