FA CUP - FIFTH ROUND

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 17th February 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Simon Long, Simon Beck
Fourth official: Tim Robinson

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will give a debut to forward Jurgen Locadia in Saturday's FA Cup fifth-round game with Coventry after he recovered from a hamstring problem.

Jiri Skalak and Steve Sidwell (both ankle) are Albion's only absentees.

Coventry are likely to be without Michael Doyle (knee) and Jack Grimmer (hamstring), with eight academy graduates set to be in their squad.

Jordan Maguire-Drew, on loan from Brighton, is ineligible and Kyel Reid is cup-tied for the League Two side.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton boss Chris Hughton: "The biggest incentive is that it's a cup competition that we want to go through and go as far as we can.

"What we have been given is a home tie, some will look at it as us being favourites.

"What we are very, very conscious of is that this is the cup and any team that Coventry put out, they'll be fighting very hard to make sure that they are the team that go through.

"But we've been given a good opportunity and it's up to us to take that one."

Coventry boss Mark Robins: "They are the hot favourites in the game but anything can happen in the FA Cup.

"This game is a distraction, but a good distraction. We have had a great run and played some great games along the way. This is another one in that line.

"If we didn't go into the game feeling it was winnable then there would be no point going.

"The difference between the two sides is there for everyone to see, and to top it off they are going to be starting their record £14m signing."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have only won one of their past nine games against Coventry in all competitions (D4 L4), although this is the first meeting since a Championship defeat in December 2011.
    [*=left]Coventry have won two of their three FA Cup ties against Brighton, beating them in a second-round replay in 1910-11 and in the third round in 2005-06, losing in the first round in 1953-54.
    [*=left]The last time the Seagulls were a top-flight club, they reached the final of the FA Cup, losing 4-0 in a replay to Manchester United in 1983.
    [*=left]Coventry have already eliminated Premier League opposition this season (Stoke in the third round). No fourth-tier or lower side has eliminated two top-flight clubs in the same FA Cup campaign before (since the fourth tier was introduced in 1958-59).
    [*=left]Brighton have only lost two of their past 15 FA Cup home games (W8 D5), with both defeats by Arsenal.
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in their past four matches in all competitions (W2 D2), this after losing consecutive games to West Brom and Chelsea in the Premier League.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hope to wake up to a jubilant match thread tomorrow morning, come on Seagulls !
Takes ages to read through the 68 page ones.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"some will look at it as us being favourites." - Chris Hughton

Cor, he really is cocky isn't he? Can't believe he comes out with this stuff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSL - so excited

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
still going over the permutations of buses, which has taken the shine off a little :), but otherwise looking forward to it :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
4 - 0 hammering with a hatrick from the new guy

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Who else is taking a TIN foil FA Cup today ? I've spent all week RAIDING the kitchen at the Cliftonville for old cardboard boxes and nicking their tin foil and I've made a MASSIVE replica FA Cup , it's 6' HIGH and 4' WIDE and when I showed it OFF in the Cliftonville earlier the BARMAID said she had NEVER seen one so BIG in her life, FUNNY enough it's not the FIRST time a girl has said that to ME.

I shall be WAVING it PROUDLY as the team come out and HOPEFULLY it will INSPIRE them.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Pretty decent of Bruno to offer to play in midfield for them .

:lolol:

Bit like Sunday cricket when we are over on players. Give one to the opposition.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Who else is taking a TIN foil FA Cup today ? I've spent all week RAIDING the kitchen at the Cliftonville for old cardboard boxes and nicking their tin foil and I've made a MASSIVE replica FA Cup , it's 6' HIGH and 4' WIDE and when I showed it OFF in the Cliftonville earlier the BARMAID said she had NEVER seen one so BIG in her life, FUNNY enough it's not the FIRST time a girl has said that to ME.

I shall be WAVING it PROUDLY as the team come out and HOPEFULLY it will INSPIRE them.

I wouldn't wave it proudly- or the CUP. The only FLASHES we want to see is sheer BRILLIANCE.

Tin foil for TIN POTTERY.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Starting eleven would compete strongly in the Championship.

The bench will be our strongest ever.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm really excited about this game, more so than possibly any other this season(with the exception of opening day). We have a really good opportunity to make the quarter finals of the F.A cup for the first time in my 30 years supporting the Albion.

Win this followed by three points against Swansea and what a week that would be. I don't want to think of the opposite happening...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here