Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old Squad Photo from 1982/83. Could you help identify the players?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Having a stab at the top row (I'm not absolutely certain on all of them):-

?, ?, Danny Deans, Gerry McTeague, Michael Ring, Jimmy Melia, Chris Ramsey, Martin Lambert, Gary Howlett, Giles Stille and Graham Pearce.

I think one of the unknowns might be David Ellis but I don't know which one, if so.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh no. I did not know that existed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the poor quality 1981-82 photo. Your job is to track down a high quality version - you can do it [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION]!

Albion1981-82.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This is the poor quality 1981-82 photo. Your job is to track down a high quality version - you can do it [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION]!

View attachment 94292

Which edition of the Argus is this from?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Hang on, there's some confusion going on here. The Eastick story (which could well have been the one you link to, I simply don't remember) had a cropped version of the 1982-83 squad photo in the actual (electronic) newspaper edition (ie the photo you started this thread with).

The image I posted in post #24 above is the 1981-82 full squad photo. 3 or 4 years ago the Argus used to publish in their Saturday edition (I think) 3 archive Albion photos as part of their Saturday preview coverage and this happened to be one of those images. I've never seen it before or since.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hang on, there's some confusion going on here. The Eastick story (which could well have been the one you link to, I simply don't remember) had a cropped version of the 1982-83 squad photo in the actual (electronic) newspaper edition (ie the photo you started this thread with).

The image I posted in post #24 above is the 1981-82 full squad photo. 3 or 4 years ago the Argus used to publish in their Saturday edition (I think) 3 archive Albion photos as part of their Saturday preview coverage and this happened to be one of those images. I've never seen it before or since.

Thanks for explaining. Am I going to have to wade through all those Arguses at The Keep?!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Another oldie for you all which I gave to the Museum for their archives . Including Coventry's Ernie Machin RIP

Attachments

• er m.jpg
    er m.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 46

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here