Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Basketball v Skeleton Bobsleigh

Basketball or Skeleton Bobsleigh - Wheres should The UK Sport Money Go?

• Skeleton Bobsleigh

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • Basketball

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We can't win 2 medals in the same event in basketball.

Vote skeleton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't win much at the Winter Olympics, what with us having no snow an' all. Now we get 3 medals in the skeleton.

This thread is gold!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It's all opinions, did not mean to come over all arsey with Easy 10, I don't get figure skating as a sport, it's dancing, but look at how well we have done at it over the years, but for me it is not sport.
I think where Easy fell down on his dislike of Basketball is that if he heared sqeaky trainers on a polished floor then he has only watched a game in a sports centre or school gym, you can't hear trainers over the noise of crowd and the loud music during play.
Also if it was piss easy to score every game would be 300-300, it is extremely skilful to shoot 3 points consistently.
Close games within 2 or 3 points right up to the end are exciting especially last second baskets to win.

I'm out :bigwave:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are far too clever for me ...sigh
Sorry I wasn't trying to be smart, I was just saying that Lizzy's incredible final run was so good that it destroyed the leader Janine Flock, which lead to Flock messing up and finishing 2 hundredths behind Laura. I just tried to say it in fewer words.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What's with this 'Skeleton' shit? Used to be toboggan in my day. I remember John Noakes and Blue Peter.
The Skeleton was originally called The Skeleton Bobsleigh because it was the skeleton chassis of a bobsleigh. Nothing to do with toboggans. Name shortened to Skeleton Bob then to Skeleton. Courtesy of some former Skeleton Gold Medal winner.

Add me to the basketball is shite camp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Skeleton was originally called The Skeleton Bobsleigh because it was the skeleton chassis of a bobsleigh. Nothing to do with toboggans. Name shortened to Skeleton Bob then to Skeleton. Courtesy of some former Skeleton Gold Medal winner.

Add me to the basketball is shite camp.

So, do we still have toboggan? I don't watch winter Olympics I think they suck.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So, do we still have toboggan? I don't watch winter Olympics I think they suck.
No idea about toboggans. Not THAT interested to be honest but watching people slide on next to nothing on runners at 80mph is way more interesting than basketball for me.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Basketball really is crap. I watched the skeleton the other night, it wasn’t very good. But if I had to fund one of these two sports, it would not be basketball.
If the choices in your poll were basketball or baseball. It would be very tricky indeed. Add American catchball to that list and you have 3 of the dullest sports ever.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No idea about toboggans. Not THAT interested to be honest but watching people slide on next to nothing on runners at 80mph is way more interesting than basketball for me.

I do, so agree, with that. Basketball players are usually a freak of nature.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Basketball is a three pass score, what Americans need for their short span of thinking.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
skeleton.jpg

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I think where Easy fell down on his dislike of Basketball...

He fell down because he has no valid reason being that he's not watch a game before. Like me for example, I've never watched cricket. I'm sure I would like it if I did but it's never interested me. I wouldn't go on a rant saying how shite it was based on that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here