Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Quarter Final Draw - At least its not on the One Show

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You seriously think he should risk our best 11, when staying up in the PL is everything? (PB stated that staying up in the PL is everything).

With a break to follow, and United playing a strong side, he'd be wise to. A stonking defeat does nothing for morale- or those who travel.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Does anybody know when the fixture timings will be decided for the quarters? It will obviously be televised but will it be Friday evening, sat, sun or Monday?

Don’t think any can be played on that Monday (International break has started)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I reckon we could win this you know.

I think the closer the game gets, the more the positivity and optimism will grow. I don’t think it’s sunk in yet that BRIGHTON are one game away from the FA Cup semi final.

We might have turned into an entitled bunch of pricks since we started playing in the PL with our padded seats, but I think there’s going to be a real buzz around this game. I think we’ll want this more, our support will be incredible and I think we’ll WIN.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
There's a two week break after the cup game so I wouldn't be surprised to see a close to full strength side

I’m not sure we know what that is now.

Sure there are regulars / less regulars, but all bar Ryan, D&D, and Stephens and Propper, have a direct replacement equally good.

Is there a definite BETTER player between Bruno / Schelotto?
Or Bong / Suttner?
Or Knockaert / Izquierdo?
Or Murray / Ulloa?
Or Groß / Locadia?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I do, and sincerely hope he does too.

Romantic idea and I think he should as they seem to get the results, but he will think that getting this far he now has to take it more seriously.
I would pick the same players as they have nothing to lose so will go for it, but I'm not in charge of the selection.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m not sure we know what that is now.

Sure there are regulars / less regulars, but all bar Ryan, D&D, and Stephens and Propper, have a direct replacement equally good.

Is there a definite BETTER player between Bruno / Schelotto? Yes, the latter
Or Bong / Suttner? Yes, the latter (in my opinion)
Or Knockaert / Izquierdo? They play on opposites sides of the pitch!
Or Murray / Ulloa? Murray's been scoring but still think Ulloa is the better player.
Or Groß / Locadia? I would suggest that Locadia is more likely to score more goals

It's all about opinions though!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You seriously think he should risk our best 11, when staying up in the PL is everything? (PB stated that staying up in the PL is everything).

I do :thumbsup:

edit: our match will be Saturday or Sunday I reckon as United have Champions League on 13/03.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I reckon we could win this you know.

I think the closer the game gets, the more the positivity and optimism will grow. I don’t think it’s sunk in yet that BRIGHTON are one game away from the FA Cup semi final.

I agree. One thing that is bugging me though is the ghost of '83. Widely accepted that if we were going to beat them, we had to do it the first attempt. Jose ain't gonna let them be as poor as they were a few weeks ago again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel like it's quite ominous that Scholes - probably the brightest football brain in England's recent history - thinks this isn't gonna be a contest

Well so much for his suggestion that we fast forward to the semis. Citeh out, more to follow?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here