Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Beef Wellington

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
trying to get your mind off tomorrow's big match, ay BG?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really as I see that as a formality but we still need to be about ourselves.

We do dinner for youngest son and his children a couple of times a week and was considering doing that with Dauphinoise Potatoes one day for them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All meat is murder BG, stick with Quorn or Linda McCartney and you'll never go wrong. #Good Times

The_Smiths_Meat_Is_Murder_1425302418.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not really as I see that as a formality but we still need to be about ourselves.

We do dinner for youngest son and his children a couple of times a week and was considering doing that with Dauphinoise Potatoes one day for them.

Sounds fantastic, unfortunately it’s got to be fillet in my opinion, wrapped in mushroom pate and a red onion chutney, loving the dauphinois spuds option!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I have read a number of recipes saying it is possible and good making individual ones, but then they would say that.

From my limited experience of making it, I tend to find one big bit of Fillet allows a medium rare end and a rare middle when sliced. Also, individuals can be a little pastry heavy.

Having said that, I'm just making an individual one for me as I type :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Allrecipes .co.uk have many options but wondered if anybody had tried it with rump or beef medallions as they suggest and of course I shall use the mushroom duxelle .as per James Martin.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I love Beef Wellington but would use fillet. With mushroom pate.

Biggest problem is avoiding a soggy bottom.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Disappointed this isn’t a thread about Stampede Wrestling’s Biff/Beef Wellington

220px-Biff_Wellington.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
trying to get your mind off tomorrow's big match, ay BG?

I think tomorrow's game is one of the very few this season that we can watch whilst still feeling relatively relaxed. Win lose or draw it won't be the end of the world. As for next Saturday however, l'm feeling tense already.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here