Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Beef Wellington

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
apparently the baking tray must be hot before placing the pastry casing on it. and that overcomes that problem.

Yes that is a good tip and I have also had success with placing the Wellington on greaseproof paper and placing it in a hot frying pan before transferring to the oven.

The puff pastry needs to be very cold too.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Steak night in Spoons is Tuesdays BG

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It has to be Fillet steak,anything else will not cook correctly and you will end up with some tough, under cooked piece of leather,don't even think about using anything else.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wild venison makes an interesting alternative

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Have tried others but only fillet works properly. Wrapped in prosciutto, mustard and mushroom duxelle. And, as the late great Clarissa Dickson-Wright opined: ' If you're the sort of person who likes a steak well done, I strongly urge you not to make this dish' :laugh:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Have tried others but only fillet works properly. Wrapped in prosciutto, mustard and mushroom duxelle. And, as the late great Clarissa Dickson-Wright opined: ' If you're the sort of person who likes a steak well done, I strongly urge you not to make this dish' :laugh:

Medium rare fillet with parma, simples

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Venison Wellington is good. 74B8BE74-C076-4D56-8CE0-26213B457446.jpeg
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/venison-wellington?amp

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
F*ck me, post count bolstering alert. Yawn! Sounds luvverly though BG. By the way, my wrought Iron driveway gates need painting, would you recommend Hammerite or Smoothrite?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
went into Burgess Hill and asked in the centre and they said fillet is £40 per kilo but even Sirloin is £30 per kilo. They suggested I could try a roll of topside and part cook it leave to let get cold in fridge overnght then carry on as per a piece of fillet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here