Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Taxi for Pardew

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Wimbledon the mans from Wimbledon...As a Palace fan I remember a god awful player, the Boo boys favorite, scored a goal in the semi final though. Then came back as a god awful manager ( yes he got us to a cup final but that was the players not him) The players were unfit and blowing out of their arses after 70 mins, his subs were baffling and his excuses embarrassing...But for what ever reason the media seem to love him, and for some reason Alan loves himself more....I am sure he has tried to give himself a BJ on many occasion (sorry for putting that picture in your head !)

...This is from me a man in his 50s for some reason some younger fans seem to think he was some sort of hero from the 90s, they used to look in horror when us older fans were asking for his removal after a year with just a couple of wins !! the mans a grade A cxxt !

Good dancer though. :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All the jokes aside, this has to be really serious doesn't it? Presuming they were intoxicated, they've got drink driving, driving without insurance etc. then you've got theft. Blimey, I mean you could be looking at a custodial sentence!

You mean, if it was joe public yes, but a wealthy club with a fancy lawyer will get these poor innocent young men off scott free!

el punal

I feel for you matey. Pardew is poison and has form for encouraging a laddish drinking culture at clubs he's managed. Rumour has it Dean Hammond and other senior players at Saints approached the Chairman about Pardew trying it on with their wives.

Let's just say he allegedly went from the trying bit to the actual. Cough! Cough!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Analysis by BBC Sport's Simon Stone

These truly are troubling times at West Brom. Bottom of the Premier League and seven points from safety, owner Guochuan Lai took the decision on Tuesday to sack his chairman and chief executive.

The men responsible for the football side were untouched by Lai's actions.

Yet within hours, four "senior players" - in West Brom's own words - were completely disregarding a curfew imposed by manager Alan Pardew.

If the key "football man" cannot control his most experienced players' behaviour in this depressing situation, it is difficult to envisage any outcome to this season other than West Brom being relegated.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Players named - Barry, Livermore, Evans and Myhill..

Enough years between them to know better you would have thought :laugh:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Players named - Barry, Livermore, Evans and Myhill..

Enough years between them to know better you would have thought :laugh:

Interesting that Barry was there. The arrogance, when paid millions to perform as an athlete and footballer, in a team that's badly let their fans down all season, but he still takes the p*ss when entrusted on a club trip.

This smacks of modern day players holding all the cards. Evans and Barry, would with some justification consider themselves more talented than Pardew. I really don't think they would've done this to Mourinho, Klopp or Guardiola.

If they get relegated, they'll be snapped up.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Wimbledon the mans from Wimbledon...As a Palace fan I remember a god awful player, the Boo boys favorite, scored a goal in the semi final though. Then came back as a god awful manager ( yes he got us to a cup final but that was the players not him) The players were unfit and blowing out of their arses after 70 mins, his subs were baffling and his excuses embarrassing...But for what ever reason the media seem to love him, and for some reason Alan loves himself more....I am sure he has tried to give himself a BJ on many occasion (sorry for putting that picture in your head !)

...This is from me a man in his 50s for some reason some younger fans seem to think he was some sort of hero from the 90s, they used to look in horror when us older fans were asking for his removal after a year with just a couple of wins !! the mans a grade A cxxt !

The best post made by a Palace fan on this board. My only disagreement would be with the first line. He's Palace. He has it written through him like a stick of rock looted from a Croydon sweetshop. He is the single most Palace man ever to have managed Palace. Compared to him Malcolm, white fedora, big cigar, in the bath with Fiona Richmond, Allison is Jeeves at his most understated.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wasn't remotely surprised to hear this news. He's such a seedy smarmy kunnt. The most disturbing likely outcome is that after his next sacking, some cockwomble at Sky will get him a punditry job.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
West Brom couldn't have picked a worse season to start being this bad, given Wolves' inevitable promotion and outrageous subsequent spending plans.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here