Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Taxi for Pardew

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The only positive is at present we are debt free.

However, rumours are that a fair few players don't have flex down in their contracts which was always the standard when we were yo yoing between the divisions in the noughties. So doubt we will be a club in black for much longer.
Despite the fact that it does us a favour I do feel sorry for your lot. I feel sorry for any club who gets that complete tit as a manager though. Apart from Palace where he was a perfect fit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So their players are off their tits and rolling in at 5.30am on a Thursday morning, when they have a game on Saturday. Such professionalism.

The most depressing thing on the BBC report is this line though: "They have won just one of their past 25 league matches."

*sigh*

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Or some lovely stories from west ham where a certain manager was caught having an extra marital relationship while his wife was unwell. In an attempt to deflect the story the journalist was offered a story about a player's gambling debts and having his car repossessed in return for not running the original story.

The gambling debts that Mike Ashley paid off to get him up to Newcastle, the phone sex scandal, the headbutting a player, the 'rape' comments. He's a classy guy.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I reckon this could work for you in the long run. There's been so much gone so wrong that it's clear your club needs a complete clear out to get it back on an even keel. If it had just been one thing or another then you wouldn't have the momentum to push for wholesale change. Trouble is, in the short term, it's gonna hurt.

Very much this. They have got decent fans and obviously proper local club up here. Needs a lot o work and indeed time and patience to fix their state

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
You have to cut them a bit of slack.

Electricity, McDonald's, taxis, nightclubs.

They all got a bit excited as Smethwick hasn't heard of those luxuries. :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The gambling debts that Mike Ashley paid off to get him up to Newcastle, the phone sex scandal, the headbutting a player, the 'rape' comments. He's a classy guy.
He's Palace through and through.

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018
I reckon this could work for you in the long run. There's been so much gone so wrong that it's clear your club needs a complete clear out to get it back on an even keel. If it had just been one thing or another then you wouldn't have the momentum to push for wholesale change. Trouble is, in the short term, it's gonna hurt.

That's my hope.

Hit rock bottom, rip out out the rottonness in the club and rebuild.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lest we forget.

Capture.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bit unfair. I thought the Cyrille Regis tributes were very classy.

I also thought that the atmosphere generated by the WBA fans in the January away game was best I have heard this season. I know people might not like drums etc but there was a constant barrage of sound right across the ground.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Then there was the time he called Pellegrini (a manager widely regarded as a gent in the game) a "fvcking old c*#t" on the touchline during a match.

A real charmer.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That's my hope.

Hit rock bottom, rip out out the rottonness in the club and rebuild.

excuse my ignorance but the Chairman and CEO have gone, is the rest of the rottenness the manager and the players? A sack of Sh** doesn't bounce very high

other than the fans what goodness is there?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You can take the man out of Croydon......

Wimbledon the mans from Wimbledon...As a Palace fan I remember a god awful player, the Boo boys favorite, scored a goal in the semi final though. Then came back as a god awful manager ( yes he got us to a cup final but that was the players not him) The players were unfit and blowing out of their arses after 70 mins, his subs were baffling and his excuses embarrassing...But for what ever reason the media seem to love him, and for some reason Alan loves himself more....I am sure he has tried to give himself a BJ on many occasion (sorry for putting that picture in your head !)

...This is from me a man in his 50s for some reason some younger fans seem to think he was some sort of hero from the 90s, they used to look in horror when us older fans were asking for his removal after a year with just a couple of wins !! the mans a grade A cxxt !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here