Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawrenson's relegation verdict

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Albion are staying Up says Lawro, CH is "very good" and finishing 17th will be like "swimming the channel" he thinks.
Is excited by that "boy from PSV" and says Murray is more of a "championship player"..
via : http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb..._to_establish_the_club_in_the_Premier_League/

"I think Brighton have done well and Tony Bloom who runs it has been an absolute saviour for them.
"His grandad (Harry) was vice-chairman when I was there. Look at what they've done with the ground and the training ground.
"I think Chris Hughton's a very good manager, he's very pragmatic. They know what they want and say they finish 17th, they'll give him another trench of money and then they can go again.

"I also think they look at the players they've signed and say 'you know what, if we go down they'll probably be good enough to get us back' so I like the way that they're thinking.
"It's difficult as well at that level because you're competing against an awful lot of other clubs, probably eight or nine, for the same players all the time so it's very easy to spend all your money and waste it.

"But they're well coached, well managed and certainly well run, and I think of the promoted teams they've got the best chance of survival."
"When you go into the dressing room and you look at Ulloa and the boy from PSV, you're thinking 'wow we've got a real chance now'.
"Obviously they've got one or two goalscorers like Murray, who's more of a Championship player but he got another goal against West Ham and they got a very good result.

"I think Brighton will stay up. Chris has never been under pressure and that's a really good thing from the club's point of view.
"You're not reading in the newspapers that his job's under pressure. I think that comes from the top and Tony Bloom (above) knows that he's got a good manager. If they finish 17th, they've absolutely swam the channel."

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I think Mark Lawrenson will be proved to be wrong in his predictions. Precisely how, I can't speculate, but I'd seriously doubt that Watford are for the chop, not that it's impossible.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The Beeb have been promoting this like it's an exclusive from beyond the grave with Brian Clough. But that quote about Glennnnnn is worth its weight - sure he'll have it pinned on the wall.

Is that the same Glenn Murray who is the joint 13th leading scorer in the Premier Lge this season? (level with Alexis Sanchez, Gabriel Jesus, Mahrez, and Son....). And, incidentally, 5th highest scoring Englishman in the Premier :)

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Still too close to call. We have to depend on other results as much as our own. Beat Huddersfield, Swansea, and Leicester plus draws against the likes of Palace (can beat them), Arsenal and Burnley, then we will probably stay up. Newcastle and Huddersfield both beat Manchester United at home so let's make it a hat trick.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Still too close to call. We have to depend on other results as much as our own. Beat Huddersfield, Swansea, and Leicester plus draws against the likes of Palace (can beat them), Arsenal and Burnley, then we will probably stay up. Newcastle and Huddersfield both beat Manchester United at home so let's make it a hat trick.

Correct assumption Wilson. Is Mrs. Pike still going strong? :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Still too close to call. We have to depend on other results as much as our own. Beat Huddersfield, Swansea, and Leicester plus draws against the likes of Palace (can beat them), Arsenal and Burnley, then we will probably stay up.

I'd be amazed if that wasn't enough to keep us up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good luck with all that [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still too close to call. We have to depend on other results as much as our own. Beat Huddersfield, Swansea, and Leicester plus draws against the likes of Palace (can beat them), Arsenal and Burnley, then we will probably stay up.
12 points from those 6 games and you only think we'll 'probably' stay up. That's 40 points, of course we'd stay up.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is that the same Glenn Murray who is the joint 13th leading scorer in the Premier Lge this season? (level with Alexis Sanchez, Gabriel Jesus, Mahrez, and Son....). And, incidentally, 5th highest scoring Englishman in the Premier :)

To be fair, if you had a scruffiest goal of the month competition, Murray would have featured more than any of those others you've named

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Who cares how he scores them? off his knee, off his arse, just as long as they go in. A goal is a goal however it is scored!

Yeah, but one going in off your arse looks more Championship than Premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here