Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Fortnite

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No doubt they'll be loads of elements you can pay for next?
Yes. Kids are already spending money on it. £8 for some sort of VIP pass and £16 for an upgraded outfit apparently. Moshe Jnr was swiftly introduced to the maxim "All the gear. No idea"...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I used to be great at video games. Kids play this all the time so thought I’d give it a go. To be fair I’m useless I’ve made 1 kill in the 5 games and I’m eliminated within 1 minute most the time. Can see why kids like it though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I used to be great at video games. Kids play this all the time so thought I’d give it a go. To be fair I’m useless I’ve made 1 kill in the 5 games and I’m eliminated within 1 minute most the time. Can see why kids like it though

That's not unusual to start off with - I probably had a similar record at first. Perhaps try landing in more obscure places for now so you can spend a bit more time getting used to the mechanics of the game.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Downloaded it, but not played yet - keep getting hooked by Fifa and Don Bradman Cricket.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That's not unusual to start off with - I probably had a similar record at first. Perhaps try landing in more obscure places for now so you can spend a bit more time getting used to the mechanics of the game.

I think that’s the problem. I’m far to confident in my own computer game ability so come out all guns blazing but have yet to master anything and some kids I’m sure picks me off from 50 yards away with a sniper and job done.
Think I’m going to have to accept computer games have moved on a bit and I’m going to have to learn the buttons.
I did that the 1st time and was eliminated by some bubble thing. I’ve asked the kids and I’ve got to stay inside it for some reason. I’ll take your advice when I give it a go next

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
PUBG NSC Squads anyone? Had a few wins since release but not really played much recently as my mates have moved on from it. Still needs a lot of bug fixes, especially the sound! Breaks my ears sometimes

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes. Kids are already spending money on it. £8 for some sort of VIP pass and £16 for an upgraded outfit apparently. Moshe Jnr was swiftly introduced to the maxim "All the gear. No idea"...

Very good, my youngest decided to spend his Birthday money on FIFA packs etc, his face £20 later was a classic, great lesson for him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's all my 11 year-old son plays, and he's been known to do a 10-hour stint in his room, playing in squads with his mates at various times of the day.

The game is highly addictive, increasingly so the better you get. He is very good at it and it is surreal watching him kill other players in cold blood whilst screaming his head off like Arnie on drugs. The game always end with you getting killed, often without knowing where the fatal shot came from. This is incredibly frustrating for the player to have such a sudden end to the game with adrenaline pumping.

Some days it's difficult to get our son to come downstairs to eat, or even get him to change out of his pyjamas at weekends. All fellow parents report back similar tales of woe. Fortunately, the Fortnite craze has coincided with sh1t, wet weather and we've been doing a lot of decorating around the house so no big deal but I'm hoping the addiction will begin to abate as the weather improves and he and his mates play outside more.

We went through a similar addiction with Pokémon Go a couple of years ago so these things pop up then disappear.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
I think that’s the problem. I’m far to confident in my own computer game ability so come out all guns blazing but have yet to master anything and some kids I’m sure picks me off from 50 yards away with a sniper and job done.
Think I’m going to have to accept computer games have moved on a bit and I’m going to have to learn the buttons.
I did that the 1st time and was eliminated by some bubble thing. I’ve asked the kids and I’ve got to stay inside it for some reason. I’ll take your advice when I give it a go next
I stay on the bus till the end and then slowly free fall to a shack. by the time i have landed 30-40 people already out the game.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's all my 11 year-old son plays, and he's been known to do a 10-hour stint in his room, playing in squads with his mates at various times of the day.

The game is highly addictive, increasingly so the better you get. He is very good at it and it is surreal watching him kill other players in cold blood whilst screaming his head off like Arnie on drugs. The game always end with you getting killed, often without knowing where the fatal shot came from. This is incredibly frustrating for the player to have such a sudden end to the game with adrenaline pumping.

Some days it's difficult to get our son to come downstairs to eat, or even get him to change out of his pyjamas at weekends. All fellow parents report back similar tales of woe. Fortunately, the Fortnite craze has coincided with sh1t, wet weather and we've been doing a lot of decorating around the house so no big deal but I'm hoping the addiction will begin to abate as the weather improves and he and his mates play outside more.

We went through a similar addiction with Pokémon Go a couple of years ago so these things pop up then disappear.

My son (11 too) and all his mates are also OBSESSED with it. I can see why, it's simple and addictive.

However, what the **** are you doing allowing him to play it for 10 hours / not getting dressed / having to persuade him to eat etc? Not meaning to be a dick, but you're the parent. Set a daily allowance for time that he can play on Xbox or whatever and that's it. Starts moaning about it and threaten him with a ban (and back it up if necessary). Job done.

It's not building the Falcon Heavy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All of a sudden it is quite disheartening to think that I may have been eliminated by a fellow Albion fan!

Makes me feel comforted in a way. My death brought joy to a fellow BHAFC-er.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My son (11 too) and all his mates are also OBSESSED with it. I can see why, it's simple and addictive.

However, what the **** are you doing allowing him to play it for 10 hours / not getting dressed / having to persuade him to eat etc? Not meaning to be a dick, but you're the parent. Set a daily allowance for time that he can play on Xbox or whatever and that's it. Starts moaning about it and threaten him with a ban (and back it up if necessary). Job done.

It's not building the Falcon Heavy.

Daily allowance lol. Does your son really say "Oh look, that's 8 o clock at night, better put down my controls, say goodnight to my mates and get ready for bed?"

10 hours was my son's peak, it's not the norm but when it's pissing down at the weekend, his team's football match has been postponed for the umpteenth week in a row, it's too wet to play outside, he's been set no homework cos it's half-term and all his mates are on Fortnite it's very easy to rack up 6 or 7 hours on it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Daily allowance lol. Does your son really say "Oh look, that's 8 o clock at night, better put down my controls, say goodnight to my mates and get ready for bed?"

10 hours was my son's peak, it's not the norm but when it's pissing down at the weekend, his team's football match has been postponed for the umpteenth week in a row, it's too wet to play outside, he's been set no homework cos it's half-term and all his mates are on Fortnite it's very easy to rack up 6 or 7 hours on it.

Er no. He gets TOLD to switch it off as he's had his time on it.

Always let him finish the game he's playing (unless he's taken the piss with starting a new one knowing that he's out of time) but really, what's complicated about that?

And he's not allowed on electronics (tablet / Xbox etc) after 8pm anyway so that's never been an issue.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just got a Duos win with a mate - said mate is a lot better than me and practically carries me at points. Finally starting to get wins now and I can see the addiction starting to fade a bit. Fun game though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here