Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Fortnite

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Game time is varied now with a newborn, but still loving this game. Strangely addictive.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
My 9 yr old talks about nothing else, and is completely obsessed... I’ve put all sorts of timing restrictions on his xbox or he would get up in the small hours and play it if he could!

He wanted a battle pass a couple of week ago... so got the vbucks with us pocket money or whatever they are called and then I told him to wait on the battle pass as the season had 2 weeks to go... he has been patiently waiting and then yesterday got the battle pass (because it didn’t say x days to go and his mate said he should) - little did he realise that it meant 14 hours to go and he has completely wasted it!! The nuclear fall out when I explained this to him was spectacular!

Big lesson learnt there I think!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My 9 yr old talks about nothing else, and is completely obsessed... I’ve put all sorts of timing restrictions on his xbox or he would get up in the small hours and play it if he could!

He wanted a battle pass a couple of week ago... so got the vbucks with us pocket money or whatever they are called and then I told him to wait on the battle pass as the season had 2 weeks to go... he has been patiently waiting and then yesterday got the battle pass (because it didn’t say x days to go and his mate said he should) - little did he realise that it meant 14 hours to go and he has completely wasted it!! The nuclear fall out when I explained this to him was spectacular!

Big lesson learnt there I think!

Fortnite's developers - Epic Games - are usually very good with their community, it might be worth getting in touch on Facebook or Twitter, you never know, they may let him transfer it to the new Season 4's Battle Pass.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Fortnite's developers - Epic Games - are usually very good with their community, it might be worth getting in touch on Facebook or Twitter, you never know, they may let him transfer it to the new Season 4's Battle Pass.

Didn’t think of that and will definitely give it a shot - thanks a lot for the heads up!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've played a couple of times but not really been able to get into, think I need to find more time and give it an indepth play.

Like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] my 7 year old has been wanting to play and so far I've said no. Although he has questioned why he can't play Fortnite with it's 12 rating when I'll happily let him play the WWE games which come with a 16 rating. Stupid kids and their logical thinking.

Fade to Bruno

Apr 3, 2018
Surrey
I've been playing for a few weeks now, you're right it's insanely addictive. I haven't braved the battle royale yet though, but the campaign 'Save the World' is incredibly addictive, literally hours go by and I start questioning what I'm doing with my free time haha.

Brought the game so I could play the save the world, not realising it's an early access and that they plan to release this for free later this year! Ah well good times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Played one game of Season 4. Low gravity is fun. Lots of new places to explore and big changes to some existing places. Feels good so far.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Bit disappointed with the character skins tbh, was expecting proper DC superheroes :-(
BUT I do love the new superhero mansion with secret underground command centre and the villains hideout with the hidden rocket

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Season 6 today - the cowgirl looks hot :)
Yes... eagerly awaited in BN21 (Season 6 that is rather than the hot cowgirl...).

Pleasingly we have managed to survive since the last Battle Pass issue without spending any VBucks. A development that the owners of Fortnite may not welcome is the kudos attached to having an older skin rather than being able to purchase the latest offering...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's for kids.

Tell that to the pros winning millions of dollars. Don't see many kids there. It's a fun, addictive game to dip in and out of. You get all sorts of ages on there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here