Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BHAFC partners with Pogoseat® to give fans the ability to move seats

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Maybe.

1) it seems strange to require a *NEW PARTNER KLAXON* new partner to deliver that. (But the ticketing system is horribly shonky so maybe it does)

2) With so many seats being held by STHs how much opportunity will there be to pogo (see what I did there?) to a prime seat? I guess it depends on when the pogo opportunity is available relative to the sales windows for single match tickets.

Maybe if someone had written the PR in English we’d actually know rather than have to guess.

For the kids :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...2) With so many seats being held by STHs how much opportunity will there be to pogo (see what I did there?) to a prime seat? I guess it depends on when the pogo opportunity is available relative to the sales windows for single match tickets.

Maybe if someone had written the PR in English we’d actually know rather than have to guess.

Seems like the new partner may gone off half cocked here. I guess we will have to wait, with bated breath, for the Albion press release!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have a strong feeling that this is an early April Fool joke. The giveaway is the name of the company. Pogo sticks to enable you to get quickly to your new seat. And the press release is so full of corporate clap-trap nonsense the whole thing has to be a joke.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have a strong feeling that this is an early April Fool joke. The giveaway is the name of the company. Pogo sticks to enable you to get quickly to your new seat. And the press release is so full of corporate clap-trap nonsense the whole thing has to be a joke.
I think you're right. Someone has seen the thing about the new pie ordering app (which is a good idea) and done a spoof.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

For the kids :lolol:

Weird one. We don't seem to be intending using Pogoseat in the way it sells itself in the kiddie viddie i.e. for upgrading to a better seat DURING a match. Pogoseat's wikipedia page says much the same - and check out the bit I've highlighted in bold below. Solution to early leavers problem? You can buy their seat! :lol:

'Pogoseat is an American startup company. Its app offers ticket holders to upgrade seats during sporting events and concerts. The app uses GPS tracking to show a user's location and a map of the seats available at a venue.Fans inside the venue can buy open marketed seats that went unsold at a reduced cost. The seats are discounted from face value based on the time remaining at the event and the score.'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems like the new partner may gone off half cocked here. I guess we will have to wait, with bated breath, for the Albion press release!

Unless I'm missing something obvious, it all just seems a bit daft and non-applicable as a ticket exchange solution for the Albion. The whole purpose of Pogoseat according to its website is to allow you to upgrade your seat while you are already in the stadium. While that might work as a solution at American sports stadia, where presumably you can roam freely around the ground, can't see how it would easily work at the Amex.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If my Dad decided he fancied swapping seats for the 1901 halfway through a game, it would take him about half an hour to get down the WSU stairs, another 15 minutes walking round to the 1901 and 10 minutes walking up to the new seat, by which time he'd have missed the end of the match and his bus home. But it sounds great !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Weird one. We don't seem to be intending using Pogoseat in the way it sells itself in the kiddie viddie i.e. for upgrading to a better seat DURING a match. Pogoseat's wikipedia page says much the same - and check out the bit I've highlighted in bold below. Solution to early leavers problem? You can buy their seat! :lol:

'Pogoseat is an American startup company. Its app offers ticket holders to upgrade seats during sporting events and concerts. The app uses GPS tracking to show a user's location and a map of the seats available at a venue.Fans inside the venue can buy open marketed seats that went unsold at a reduced cost. The seats are discounted from face value based on the time remaining at the event and the score.'

Bloody stewards would be confused, if they told you to sit down, you could say you were looking for a better seat!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I was confused by this as well - the continued use of 'real time' in the press release seemed to make no sense, unless it was for use during the game. As stated by others, you'd miss half the game moving round the stadium. And most people would fail the dress code check on the door for 1901 anyway.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I was confused by this as well - the continued use of 'real time' in the press release seemed to make no sense, unless it was for use during the game. As stated by others, you'd miss half the game moving round the stadium. And most people would fail the dress code check on the door for 1901 anyway.

Perhaps they'll be another app to upgrade/change clothes.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I can't think of a time where I ever thought I'd fancy shelling out £30+ to go and sit in 1901 (or anywhere else for that matter) ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If this had been an [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10 piss take I would not have noticed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
How do you move 2 people at the same time (eg father and son) I logged in on my number and could only move myself and not any of my linked family/friends.

Sent from my heart

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here