Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 66 years ago today the funeral of George V! took place.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bloody man! My parents were supposed to be taking me to a Pantomime at the East Ham Palais but the show was cancelled because the King had died! Why couldn't he have hung on for a couple more weeks? I was looking forward to that show.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure how true it is but on a recent visit to the Tower of London, taking relatives to see the Crown Jewels, a Beefeater told us that it is all agreed when Charles becomes King, which he will even if only for a few minutes, he will take the title of George VII as a tribute to his grandfather.,

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure how true it is but on a recent visit to the Tower of London, taking relatives to see the Crown Jewels, a Beefeater told us that it is all agreed when Charles becomes King, which he will even if only for a few minutes, he will take the title of George VII as a tribute to his grandfather.,

I don't think there's a definitive (publicly known) answer to this yet, but it certainly wouldn't be unusual. King George VI had the given name of Albert, known as Bertie. Edward VII was also Albert, whilst Victoria was christened Alexandrina.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here