Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Albion have any super fans?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I used to drink in the Stadium pub before home games, and Gus was often in there (and when I played for the darts team there). I bumped into him in a great little pub in Preston before the game there last year and he was telling me about his matches longevity - pretty sure he told me that the bloke to his right (in the sunglasses) hadn't missed a game for even longer. I was pretty impressed I must say.

I spotted him in halfman halfbiscuit's photo shoot from Boro. Gus in his other habitat...

Medium

That's my dad on the right. Met Gus last weekend in Stoke at the Rugby Club and was chatting to him about my own home brew set up. Came across as a very nice chap.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Last time I spoke to Graham he told me he was working his way through the grounds in the Nottinghamshire Senior League.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Doc was/is a legend.
Bumped into him once in a Brighton pub on a non matchday, we were having a natter and he had come over to pick up a book he had ordered.
Lo and behold he produced this beauty from his plastic bag.

51GEDCSVKWL._SY493_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The bag is truly legendary, i wonder what else is in there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's my dad on the right. Met Gus last weekend in Stoke at the Rugby Club and was chatting to him about my own home brew set up. Came across as a very nice chap.

That top scarf looks like its down some serious miles

I'm sure I've seen this face before, I'm far from a super fan but tend to gravitate towards the more obscure away games.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Doc was/is a legend.
Bumped into him once in a Brighton pub on a non matchday, we were having a natter and he had come over to pick up a book he had ordered.

View attachment 94239

I know the author, had that book from day one! (anorak or what?)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Doc was/is a legend.

View attachment 94239

:lolol:

My guess would be a newspaper and a long forgotten can of McEwans both left over from a trip to somewhere like Port Vale in the 90s.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
None of these people photographed were the guy I spoke to by the way , so we do have more than one superdooper fan by the looks of it , I wonder how much money these chaps have spent over the years , I estimate the last 7 years equall the previous 30 odd in £s spent , but when you love something this much , money is a afterthought .

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm sure Mike still goes to every game doesn't he? Can't remember what his username is on here.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There was a guy with dark hair and glasses wasn't there? Graham? He must be in his sixties now.

Apart from the 60's bit, that describes me.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
That "Dugouts" magazine should be featured as the guest publication on Have I Got News For You :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s certainly more difficult these days as prices of football, train tickets etc have become so expensive. I remember browsing a football programme shop in Sheffield late 80s and the owner telling me he hadn’t missed a Sheffield Utd game since 1958 !
It's not just the cost, it's the huge length of time and the allowance for illness, and transport problems through a sometimes snow blocked country.

If someone is sad enough - sorry, super enough to go to all games, then when missing one after several years there'd be a massive temptation for them to over look the missed game. I call BS.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's not just the cost, it's the huge length of time and the allowance for illness, and transport problems through a sometimes snow blocked country.

If someone is sad enough - sorry, super enough to go to all games, then when missing one after several years there'd be a massive temptation for them to over look the missed game. I call BS.

Fair enough, I would love to go to every Albion game but all the factors you mention + real life make that nigh on impossible !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Doc was/is a legend.

View attachment 94239

Genius. Reminds me of Steve Coogan's finest hour (13:35 onwards):

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here