Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Albion have any super fans?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Definitely true. Virtually every away game I've ever been to (quite a lot), he is always there and it can't be coincidence. I saw him at the AFC Wimbledon U23 game last season. He always has a plastic bag and a vintage faded blue and white striped scarf. He is not the same guy as Graham Talbot, so we have more than one superfan.

You can also count Liz Costa in this category as there aren't many games that she has missed.

Sounds like Gus from Shoreham who also sells the programmes in WSL?

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Definitely true. Virtually every away game I've ever been to (quite a lot), he is always there and it can't be coincidence. I saw him at the AFC Wimbledon U23 game last season. He always has a plastic bag and a vintage faded blue and white striped scarf. He is not the same guy as Graham Talbot, so we have more than one superfan.

You can also count Liz Costa in this category as there aren't many games that she has missed.

Gus?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Gus Nunnerly
c168a7863a038c0e61f6b624e7b912db.jpg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I used to drink in the Stadium pub before home games, and Gus was often in there (and when I played for the darts team there). I bumped into him in a great little pub in Preston before the game there last year and he was telling me about his matches longevity - pretty sure he told me that the bloke to his right (in the sunglasses) hadn't missed a game for even longer. I was pretty impressed I must say.

I spotted him in halfman halfbiscuit's photo shoot from Boro. Gus in his other habitat...

Medium

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I used to drink in the Stadium pub before home games, and Gus was often in there (and when I played for the darts team there). I bumped into him in a great little pub in Preston before the game there last year and he was telling me about his matches longevity - pretty sure he told me that the bloke to his right (in the sunglasses) hadn't missed a game for even longer. I was pretty impressed I must say.

I spotted him in halfman halfbiscuit's photo shoot from Boro. Gus in his other habitat...

Medium
He's been wearing that same scarf for as long as I can remember. Want a decent pint at away games? Ask Gus. He knows good pubs in every corner of the country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Graham Talbot came out of away day retirement and was at Boro away as was Gus from the photos

Though I'm not supposed to know this as had my loyalty points deducted as attendance list apparently says I wasn't there - I was !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So that's Gus - I remember him selling us half time lottery tickets at the Goldstone when I was in single figures age.

I remember nearly 20 years ago @Dick Knight's Mumm telling me that 'Angus' was a superfan. I would imagine he has insufficient spare time to ponce about on NSC, though. :ascarf::bowdown::lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gus Nunnerly
c168a7863a038c0e61f6b624e7b912db.jpg

Responsible for what I think was the best post-match, walking-back-to-the-car RANT I have ever heard.......was following him and he was expressing his views on our abject performance away at Rotherham in CHs first season.

Sells lotto tickets in WSL every home game.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Came across a book recently written by a Leeds Superfan that hadn't missed a single game since 1968, guy called Gary Edwards

Just wondered if Albion has any such fans that have achieved very long runs of attendance for competitive matches, home and away, league and cup. Anyone that made it all the way through the war years?

Well, it's easy to go to every Leeds game if you live in that sh*thole as you're unlikely to have a job or owt.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Gus is a very nice chap indeed. He used to man the staff gate at the Greyhound stadium when I worked there 1979-81.

Graham was a work colleague of my Dad's for the Inland Revenue in the 70s and 80s. He would usually have a plastic carrier bag with his transistor radio fixed to his ear during matches. A confirmed batchelor who lived with his mother, many will not be surprised to hear, he was also a big film buff and NFT member. I saw him recently in Lewes and he is quite stooped now, must be in his 70s. He still watches Lewes occasionally.

Both have genuine superfan status and should be recognised as such.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here