Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Ishant Sharma signs (for 2 months)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sussex have hired Indian fast-bowler Ishant Sharma for the first two months of the new season.

He will be available for their first five Specsavers County Championship fixtures and all eight Royal London One-Day Cup group matches.

Sussex have brought in the 29-year-old from Delhi after seeing Chris Jordan and Jofra Archer picked up in the IPL draft.

----------------------------------

Not a bad replacement!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
24mg95.jpg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Muat be good , he has his own song in India ( boy George) strange he either didn’t get drafted or not interested in the IPL .

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
India play a 5-test series here next summer, so makes perfect sense all round I guess. Not sure England will be too pleased, mind!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our recruitment strategy seems to rely on us winning the toss in every game, choosing to bowl and then bundling the opposition out for about 3 runs!

Yeah, we have three batters, a keeper and seven bowlers - we fancy a few days off do we?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You'll be lucky to be able to get on the golf course this summer with the amount of Sussex players kicking their heels on Day 3 and Day 4.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a superb signing. His experience should really rub off on our promising young fast bowlers.

I see Sam Northeast has lost the captaincy at Kent and is possibly looking for a move. He’d be a great signing for Sussex if we could get him down here.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
What a superb signing. His experience should really rub off on our promising young fast bowlers.

I see Sam Northeast has lost the captaincy at Kent and is possibly looking for a move. He’d be a great signing for Sussex if we could get him down here.

Think I read earlier in the Winter that we're interested, but he's angling for a Div 1 move.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Think I read earlier in the Winter that we're interested, but he's angling for a Div 1 move.
Ah that’s a shame he’d be a good signing, probably wouldn’t need to move house either :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always been a big fan of Rob Sharma, but envious of this signing for your boys.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Word on the street is he's probably going to end up in Hedge End.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Listened to an interview with Sussex CEO Rob. He claimed that because we had lost 2 players to India this would compensate.

Still think we need to improve the batting line up.

Oh, Rob stop using the Aussie "Look" before every sentence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here