Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Alas lve never even heard of Magnus Carlson, tho l have beaten a guy in Orlando when l lived there who had beaten a grand master! (Or so he said!). He was a Russian and did own a shop dedicated to solely chess, so l really want to believe him!

Capture.PNG
He is on the rails cant see a way out, 2 more moves I hope

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016

Well if l were white and it was my move l would anticipate you would move your bishop to r6 and threaten the pawn in front of the king. Therefore to protect that square and to counter threat l would move the pawn next to the white queen up one and threaten your queen with the bishop!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Well if l were white and it was my move l would anticipate you would move your bishop to r6 and threaten the pawn in front of the king. Therefore to protect that square and to counter threat l would move the pawn next to the white queen up one and threaten your queen with the bishop!

Thats kinda what happened just in the midst of a queen swap he countered quite well

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Have you got the latest screenshot as there have been a few moves

Capture.PNG

Here you go. When he replies I am going to have my quuen taken and evacuate the bishop. The Knight is pissing me off has he has a niceish fork covered

Not so confident now and he has a pretty high grading this fella. COME ON ENGLAND

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Are you bringing your bishop back to threaten his pawn?

IN 2 minds. that very easy to defend with the other pawn, and it blocks my left hand rook in so I think the answer is no, despite playing black I like to play quite offensively
If when he comes back we will be matched piece for piece

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
If you do, he will probably move his pawn to protect the one under threat, then move your rook down to challenge his knight to make him move it if possible. It's occupying a strong square!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I used to play for my school back in the day and managed to beat the teacher who ran the school chess club, who got a bit miffed.
I haven't played for ages and can't find people here who can.
I taught my youngest daughter how to play, but she is growing up now, busy and can't remember how to play.
A dying art, oh, and go to bed.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If you do, he will probably move his pawn to protect the one under threat, then move your rook down to challenge his knight to make him move it if possible. It's occupying a strong square!

Hes pretty good hey, god know where he as ****ed off to. If I play white me alround game is alright especially the end game, black well its all about the opening and a draw is a good result generally against good oppo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here