Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Well this is going well. I' the only one playing/joined/waiting to test so far and I just nearly got banned for chatting to myself

No swearing folks

Capture.JPG

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Chaps, please see the Chess board and forums.

I didnt mean for River Plate to start so soon after the Juventus game, so apologies for that.

Up coming games are

Liverpool - It's looking like 16 vs 16, well matched, a big game and 16 is a good number. We have 17 and may make a substitution in this one. Kick off tomorrow

Barcelona - they are struggling to field the expected number at the moment, though will give them a push. If they only field 4 I would expect to delay this fixture if you agree. It's a scalp I am sure we would all like and I reckon it needs an 8 player minimum, perhaps their players are on international duty or something

Ajax Amsterdam - this game is already well subscribed from both teams (10 each thus far) and still has 9 days before it starts. It should be well matched and will give us a great chance for some squad rotation if needed on our European campaign, as there is a lot of us on similar points that dont always make the grade due to insufficient opposite numbers. FYI the games by default fill up with the strongest (on paper) players from the top down, though we can over ride that. You are encouraged to register even if we are over subscribed as it shows interest in that or another up coming game

Corinthians, Everton, and Arsenal were challenged but declined to comment at this stage. if they come back we will delay those a little I imagine

Finally, people have asked for an NSC Blitz tournament. This will be coming up soon when we have tested it out. I will start a thread on our forum to discuss the clock, rounds, and most importantly the date and time as they will be live rated tournaments exclusive to team NSC so it can start when best suits everyone and would be an easy fast regular tournament to get going

If anyone hasn't had chance to play a team match yet and has been overlooked PM me or Pickles or post here

UTA :albion2: :bhasign: :albion2: NSC
#pickles #battlemanout #together #NSC

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can we challenge Bristol City? looking at the ratings, they seem to lose every game

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Can we challenge Bristol City? looking at the ratings, they seem to lose every game

I looked at Bristol, they are defunct I think. Not enough members to challenge really and seemingly no admins to contact

I wish Palace would scrape a side together we could do a charity match, REMF or a charity of their choice

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I looked at Bristol, they are defunct I think. Not enough members to challenge really and seemingly no admins to contact

:lolol:

Not surprised - they seemed to lose every game.

Palace for REMF would be great but I can't see Croydon producing enough chess players

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Any member on line please can you come and check this, its a test blitz tourny starting in 15, will only take a few minutes just testing how it works

https://www.chess.com/live#t=952371

Link should be in you alerts, and under live matches pinned at the top

I clicked on the link on my phone last night and it just took me to a browser issue. Suspect I needed to be on a pc for that link to wrk? Not sure how you create it in the app?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I clicked on the link on my phone last night and it just took me to a browser issue. Suspect I needed to be on a pc for that link to wrk? Not sure how you create it in the app?

Club stuff can not be accessed via the app, apart from current games,obviously. You have to go through a browser.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm improving , note all the pieces are still on the board and not scattered all over the floor and there's no holes punched into the wall .

tenor (2).gif

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Please can I play?

I am Moshe Gariani on my computer (Erkan on my phone).

Played chess.com and got to about 1250 so know the basics but not very good.

What is the link to the site? Can we view the Juventus match?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did you sign up mate cant remember?

Hows everyone getting on, anyone playing tonight?

I just posted, 4-0 up vs Liverpool, think they are gonna nick up to 4-1 possibly tonight but a lot of tight games there. Juventus, 6-0 up, 2 more wins I think is needed on that one? Barcelona starting Sunday, looks like it's going to be 10 vs 10, unless they can get one more to match our 11. Ajax looks to be one of our toughest matches yet, Need the Seagulls to secure safety on Saturday hopefully so we can all concentrate on that one :) (Kick off next 22nd Barca ad 29th Ajax).

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Team locked for Barcelona guys, 10 vs 10, 8am kick off in the morning

Also are 4 or 5 of you free on say Tuesday night? Need some help to do a test blitz tournament internally for just our members. I set one of before and had a technical glitch or two (if I recall correctly the person testing with me went to Tesco to score beers so the first attempt timed out ahem)

I'll start a thread in our forum there, please come join but as it's a live tournament will need to be online.,,,

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Our biggest club scalp to date is OFF

OK We are OFF against Barcelona

Let the music play, start the celebratons

Whack this on full before you enter the arena team NSC, lets see if our performance is as epic and historic. Will people still be watching Battlemans fried liver opening in wonder in 30 years time on youtube, saying I was there Will Gwylan have finished a match yet, or still be hoping for a timeout, Pickles reminiscing over a can of Punk

10 vs 10, this one is up for grabs

Come on NSC

Let the games begin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkskujG0UYc

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just a quick heads up for those who are left in

The next round of the NSC Open has started

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brilliant initiative. I will sign up when I have more time.....:albion:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Just a quick heads up for those who are left in

The next round of the NSC Open has started

Indeed. Good luck whoever is left in it for the first NSC open champion. I cant find the bloody link for it!?.

And we have just gone 5-2 up against Liverpool. Ajax have got a 12 player so we are evenly matched there with 7 days to kick off. Hmm I think that means we have Qarabagh and Ajax starting next Sunday

Barcelona are looking slooooow

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Brilliant initiative. I will sign up when I have more time.....:albion:

Come join HWT, there are always games going on. some people put more time in, some just the team games with a move every couple of days. Theres matches of all lengths and abilities to accomodate everyone

We currently have ongoing/live games against Liverpool, Barcelona, Bournemouth, a Romanian side, River Plate, and Juventus

Up coming is Qarabagh from Aberjajain (sic) (who we beat, they are the world champs now though and are unleashing their international players), and Ajax. ALL levels get a game, we do a bit of squad rotation when needed

There will be another NSC members tournament starting soon which will be a live event and probably take an hour or so of 3-5 minute blitz games

It is a lot of fun over there, come join and even lurk for a bit if you wnt, play a couple of friendlies/practise games

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm IN. But it's a looonngg time since I've played.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here