Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 145461626364656667 LastLast

Thread: NSC Chess Club

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oooh pray tell. That would be most welcome, though unless its a timed out match I am sure some credit is due, its quite hard to fluke games against their ratings
    Got my two points; bit of this, bit of that. Game of two halves really, over the moon.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Got my two points; bit of this, bit of that. Game of two halves really, over the moon.
      We'll take that thank you very much, 2 valuable points in the bag + a 1-1 from Gwylan keeps the match very much in the balance. 4-3 down of which 2 of theirs were time outs. That could have been 5-2 up people, every board is valuable

The Barcelona game isnt looking too favourable 8-3 down with 9 games remaining I think so a HUGE effort required on each board, I have a had very quick scan through and it's doable but some uncallable games in there. Momentum still needed against Qarabagh, a good push to get back in it

Looking forward to closing a few of these off soon if possible (just need Battleman to stop bamboozling his opponents with whatever he is doing to make them take 2 days on EVERY move). There seems to be a supporter/chess player on all corners of this flat earth playing Battleman/Snuggles and scratching their head saying WTF. Think he may be dropped soon before we all die of old age

Who is going to get the magic point to secure the victory against Liverpool? Whilst it's still mathematically possible for them to draw it'll take one heck of a cock up for us not to win that one

The first World Cup challenge has been accepted you may have noticed and we are playing Belgium a week before England play them. No idea if Panama are Tunisia are going to accept, heard nothing there

Anyway, some tough games going on lets keep the momentum going on these ones chaps. Liverpool and River Plate SHOULD be our next points
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
      Two early goals against Arsenal to get the match off to a good start.
      Arsenal is indeed a sloow start, nice points in the bag mate it'd be nice to get some daylight between us in that game, as said there are a lot of tight ones going on. We have still only lost to Russia, I think some of our opponents have heard about us now! Bayern Munich starts on Sunday and I see that being a slow game, they seem to be quite a serious side

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Snap. Other than the running out of talent bit. In order to run out, I'd need some in the first place and in that regard I am found wanting.
      fancy a game of chess then? if we are equally average, it could work
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."

0 Not allowed!
      Got my 2 points against my opponent in the Arsenal game when he looked favourite in the 2nd. I even let him have two queens. I still cannot get to the Brighton NSC page on chess.com though. It takes me back to my page on the app when ever I try to go around it. I’ e Got there before so it’s vrustrating not seeing how we are doing in these matches.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Questions View Post
      Got my 2 points against my opponent in the Arsenal game when he looked favourite in the 2nd. I even let him have two queens. I still cannot get to the Brighton NSC page on chess.com though. It takes me back to my page on the app when ever I try to go around it. I’ e Got there before so it’s vrustrating not seeing how we are doing in these matches.
      It looks like I'm going to do 1-1 with my opponent. I had a moment of blind stupidity, making a move in a hurry, and lost my rook. But I'm a piece up in the other and a much better position.

The matches against the Azeri are tighter than a gnat's chuff at the moment: wouldn't like to call them
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      So far, so good

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  13.5 KB
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      That Arsenal score is something else. I got two points in it by accident: I was well up in one and losing in another and the bloke timed out.

I only have my two games with the Azeri bloke at the moment - a few weeks ago I had 12 games on the go, so that's a bit of a comedown. Anyone fancy a game?
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Blimey hell, not see the updated Arsenal score until this. I'm sure it was 12-1 yesterday, and bearing in mind their 1 point is 2 x draws. Pleased to see NO TIME OUTS thus far, this is one helluva performance
      I've set up a NSC blitz for tonight if anyones online
      https://www.chess.com/live#t=963202
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Maybe give Battleman a challenge Gwylan? I'll play but dont think I will be at my best 3 tournaments I had signed up for all filled up at once so have a load of games going. (Getting the excuses in early)