Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556 LastLast

Thread: NSC Chess Club

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Any member on line please can you come and check this, its a test blitz tourny starting in 15, will only take a few minutes just testing how it works

https://www.chess.com/live#t=952371

Link should be in you alerts, and under live matches pinned at the top

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Well this is going well. I' the only one playing/joined/waiting to test so far and I just nearly got banned for chatting to myself

No swearing folks

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  39.2 KB
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Chaps, please see the Chess board and forums.

I didnt mean for River Plate to start so soon after the Juventus game, so apologies for that.

Up coming games are

Liverpool - It's looking like 16 vs 16, well matched, a big game and 16 is a good number. We have 17 and may make a substitution in this one. Kick off tomorrow

Barcelona - they are struggling to field the expected number at the moment, though will give them a push. If they only field 4 I would expect to delay this fixture if you agree. It's a scalp I am sure we would all like and I reckon it needs an 8 player minimum, perhaps their players are on international duty or something

Ajax Amsterdam - this game is already well subscribed from both teams (10 each thus far) and still has 9 days before it starts. It should be well matched and will give us a great chance for some squad rotation if needed on our European campaign, as there is a lot of us on similar points that dont always make the grade due to insufficient opposite numbers. FYI the games by default fill up with the strongest (on paper) players from the top down, though we can over ride that. You are encouraged to register even if we are over subscribed as it shows interest in that or another up coming game

Corinthians, Everton, and Arsenal were challenged but declined to comment at this stage. if they come back we will delay those a little I imagine

Finally, people have asked for an NSC Blitz tournament. This will be coming up soon when we have tested it out. I will start a thread on our forum to discuss the clock, rounds, and most importantly the date and time as they will be live rated tournaments exclusive to team NSC so it can start when best suits everyone and would be an easy fast regular tournament to get going

If anyone hasn't had chance to play a team match yet and has been overlooked PM me or Pickles or post here

UTA NSC
      #pickles #battlemanout #together #NSC
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Can we challenge Bristol City? looking at the ratings, they seem to lose every game
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can we challenge Bristol City? looking at the ratings, they seem to lose every game
      I looked at Bristol, they are defunct I think. Not enough members to challenge really and seemingly no admins to contact

I wish Palace would scrape a side together we could do a charity match, REMF or a charity of their choice
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      I looked at Bristol, they are defunct I think. Not enough members to challenge really and seemingly no admins to contact

Not surprised - they seemed to lose every game.

Palace for REMF would be great but I can't see Croydon producing enough chess players
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Any member on line please can you come and check this, its a test blitz tourny starting in 15, will only take a few minutes just testing how it works

https://www.chess.com/live#t=952371

Link should be in you alerts, and under live matches pinned at the top
      I clicked on the link on my phone last night and it just took me to a browser issue. Suspect I needed to be on a pc for that link to wrk? Not sure how you create it in the app?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I clicked on the link on my phone last night and it just took me to a browser issue. Suspect I needed to be on a pc for that link to wrk? Not sure how you create it in the app?
      Club stuff can not be accessed via the app, apart from current games,obviously. You have to go through a browser.
      This is what caused the delay. “Can you sign this Paul?” - 80 minutes later Barber finished his reply. (Herr Tubbs)

2 Not allowed!
      I'm improving , note all the pieces are still on the board and not scattered all over the floor and there's no holes punched into the wall .

Name:  tenor (2).gif
Views: 37
Size:  978.8 KB
      "SOLLY MARCH IS GIVING JOHNATHAN GROUNDS A ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE "
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      And we're off against Liverpool. Be mindful of playing pissed up tonight folks