Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rightio chaps.

I've pm'd maffew and he's going to hospital soon so maybe won't be able to sort things as quickly as he'd hoped.

Therefore, I've just paid up on Chess.com. and have created a club for us : Brighton and Hove Albion (NSC)

This is the link https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

When you join, I'll get a message and accept you, after all, we don't want the pikey boys riff raff to infiltrate and ruin itpunk:

If you could pm me ( rather than clutter up NSC ) with your username on chess.com,then I know it's you :thumbsup:

I've also set up a private tournament for 32 players, split into 8 groups of 4, of which 2 from each will progress. The time on this is one move, minimum, per 24 hours. As we all know, the games move along a lot quicker than this.

Each group of 4, randomly chosen by the website, not me, will play 6 games at the same time ,2 each against the 3 opponents in your group.

This is the tournament link www.chess.com/tournament/albion-nsc-open, this should start next Friday.

Hopefully every one that's said they'll play,will. IT'S FREE TO JOIN AND PLAY :bounce::bounce:

As I said, try to pm me, or once you've joined and been accepted, post on the chess message board, rather than keep bouncing this to the top :thumbsup:

Bear with me on this as we all get used to it :blush:

Let's BASH our BISHOPS!!!!!

Great work Pickles.
Sisterdolly is looking forward to playing with you she says and trying to pinch your bishop. If I remember rightly you’ve always showed us a strong queen.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Come on you Chessters. Contact Pickles or go to chess.com and get signed up to start things rolling. Only me and him registered in the Brighton NSC tourney so far.
Hurry up my Rooks are itching to be unleashed on a dark knight.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Hey guys, we're moving on and it's great.

So far, we have 14 members of our Brighton and Hove Albion ( NSC ) group, of which 8 have signed up for the inaugural The Albion NSC Open.

This new group really does have legs and we're going.

Join us all here on chess. com This is the link https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc IT'S FREE.

This 'Brighton and Hove Albion (NSC) chess club really will go on and have fun playing other football club's supporters teams, and have fun doing it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hey guys, we're moving on and it's great.

So far, we have 14 members of our Brighton and Hove Albion ( NSC ) group, of which 8 have signed up for the inaugural The Albion NSC Open.

This new group really does have legs and we're going.

Join us all here on chess. com This is the link https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc IT'S FREE.

This 'Brighton and Hove Albion (NSC) chess club really will go on and have fun playing other football club's supporters teams, and have fun doing it.
[MENTION=5203]OzMike[/MENTION] see above

thanks again [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] gonna be my last post on here for a coupla weeks, onwards and upward to the NSC chess division, and thanks to all for the PMs

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Come on you Chessters. Contact Pickles or go to chess.com and get signed up to start things rolling. Only me and him registered in the Brighton NSC tourney so far.
Hurry up my Rooks are itching to be unleashed on a dark knight.

I'm in ( I think)[emoji106]

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Looking forward to this as I haven’t played for about 40 years but just one question about playing chess online. Isn’t it easy to just put your position into your home chess computer to find the best move?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think most people's integrity can be trusted, but there'll always be one.

chess.gif

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Well I guess the expectation is that people don't cheat by using computers.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

There is built in cheater protection but practically it is hard to detect under long time controls. If you start using computer moves you'll find yourself banned pretty quickly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is built in cheater protection but practically it is hard to detect under long time controls. If you start using computer moves you'll find yourself banned pretty quickly.

If you are new back to chess a regular player will know pretty quickly if you are cheating. It takes quite a while to get back to previous levels if you’ve had a substantial break.
Most regular online players have a rating so if they’ve cheated to get that high then they are sad ��

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
That and it might take a long time waiting for someone to make a move.

I think that's the idea. I'll find it hard to commit to 30 minute games - if we each have 6 games in the group format that's 3 hours I've got to find and set aside which is tricky.

Yes, they'll take longer but on the other hand you can be playing all 6 games at the same time. You can then dip in and out of them whenever you like - I might make a move in each game before work, a move during each coffee break / lunch, and then time for a few in the evening (if opponents are also dipping in and out).

I don't think a maximum time limit of 1 day will mean that every move takes day - but to be honest even if it did, so what? If the tournament takes 6 months to complete then so be it - there's no restriction on how many other non-NSC people you're playing elsewhere - and think of the tension/excitement/anticipation/bed-wetting as the rest of us watch the final take place over a week or so (though there would have to be very strict rules about no commenting on games on NSC).

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Are we up and running now?
Got my 1st 2 draws against L1 computer and a newbie player last night, pretty sure I'm ready for the big guns.......................:rock::rock::rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here