Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Yeah and Bong admitted he likes to play poker in a Beanie hat as well so it must be true .

Have you been sniffing empty tins of lemonade shandy again?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I have notched an early point against Qarabagh FC. We are up and running. I think we have a chance in this one.

Interesting history about Qarabagh FC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarabağ_FK

Great stuff, long necked one.

Our ratings are closer in this match, plus I like the idea of playing against supporters of teams that I've never heard of........

For the record, their guy that I liaised with on this hadn't heard of us either.......:rock:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Have you been sniffing empty tins of lemonade shandy again?

I reckon he has got frost bite of his noggin, been to Norway to catch some ice cubes for his birthday cocktail Fosters Top
How are you mate:wave:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Great stuff, long necked one.

Our ratings are closer in this match, plus I like the idea of playing against supporters of teams that I've never heard of........

For the record, their guy that I liaised with on this hadn't heard of us either.......:rock:

Never heard of us? Outrageous. I feel the need to make it 2-0 asap.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Giraffe has just won both his games, v Qaratar FC, well played!!!!!
Quality!!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Can someone please tell me how to get back to the club home page from the NSC Open pages.

I click on my user name on the top right, then go to the bottom right and click on clubs.https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

I think this is the direct link to our home page.

If I've got this wrong, blame JIM D for taking me down The Green Man, and drinking superb beer from Langhams.:rock:

https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

As an aside, just think it's brilliant how we've competed against Zenit St Petersburg, with players, rating for rating, way above us, but each player has played, and is playing with their upmost.

Bloody brilliant!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Never heard of us? Outrageous. I feel the need to make it 2-0 asap.

They bloody well know who we are now :thumbsup::thumbsup:

“See what you get when you mess with the Seagulls”

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
[MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] what a shocking game that was from moi, Im sure I am better than that! Couldnt get the chat window to open. 1-0 to you

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This Bournemouth player is soooooo slow..... losing interest . One move every 48 hours ..... literally.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I have just issued a challenge to the FC St Pauli Chess Club on our behalf. They have existed for 70 years, are an accredited part of the set up of the club, play in local leagues and have a Chess Open. I've met a couple of them on my regular visits and once was going to have a game in their home Jolly Roger pub with someone but we got too pissed :)
Google Translate will help the non German speakers
https://www.fcstpauli.com/verein/sportabteilungen/schach/

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Quick heads up.......

Second phase of NSC Open has just started, and once BHA Bob accepts the invite to The Seagull plate, that one will start.

Check on your messages / notifications on chess.com, chaps, and it's all there.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The Seagull Plate ko tourney has just kicked off.......

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Looks like my Plate opponent is also still in the Open

Pete, you're correct, Mr Hairy is in both.

He got an invite into the plate last week,because he finished third in his group.

For some reason, the chap that finished second, has closed his account, therefore the system promotes Mr Hairy to second instead.

I left it as it was, so that both tournaments had an equal 12 in each. Not ideal, but he's ok with it.

You'll also notice Maffew is in, because one player never took up the invite despite repeated requests.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here