Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Thread: NSC Chess Club

0 Not allowed!
    Silly question, I'm in the tournament thing, how do you play in say the B'muff game?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Newly Joined

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Silly question, I'm in the tournament thing, how do you play in say the B'muff game?
      Click the link from Pickles a few posts up and if you’re logged into Chess.com you’ll see a ‘Join’ button
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I’m having terrible trouble navigating the chess.com site on safari. Keep having to come back to the links on this thread to find the tournaments. Maybe I’m just a bit dim.
      Old Truelove ain't too hard to find

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      The Russians are coming! It’s just kicked off.

I’m playing a 57 year old Russian called Sergei who is going to whip my arse. Incredible.
      Battleman here! I think I'm playing the genetically cloned love child of Kasparov and Bobby Fischer. Here's his welcoming comments....
      Black bears rarely attack. But here's the thing. Sometimes they do. All bears are agile, cunning and immensely strong, and they are always hungry. If they want to kill you and eat you, they can, and pretty much whenever they want. That doesn't happen often, but - and here is the absolutely salient point - once would be enough".
      He's about 650 points higher ranked and plays loads of tournaments. Need to summon up some Churchillian spirit in this one!!

1 Not allowed!
      Judging by the Russians rankings, it's going to be like the charge of the light brigade!!
      https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...-light-brigade

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      I’m having terrible trouble navigating the chess.com site on safari. Keep having to come back to the links on this thread to find the tournaments. Maybe I’m just a bit dim.
      No I don't think its that your dim. It might be your browser, For some reason I have found that Firefox is the best browser for chess.com. When I started out I had problems trying to use Chess.com in Outlook or microsoft Edge and Firefox was recommended.
      "Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening." - President Donald Trump:
      mad:

0 Not allowed!
      Chess.com is like any website in that you get the best out of it on a pc / laptop, very much like North stand chat.

However, I use the app during the day, which is great and FREE!

It's available on android and the fruity bozza thing
      This is what caused the delay. “Can you sign this Paul?” - 80 minutes later Barber finished his reply. (Herr Tubbs)
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      I have only just discovered the Conditional Moves facility, whilst waiting for a reply.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      Battleman here! I think I'm playing the genetically cloned love child of Kasparov and Bobby Fischer. Here's his welcoming comments....
      Black bears rarely attack. But here's the thing. Sometimes they do. All bears are agile, cunning and immensely strong, and they are always hungry. If they want to kill you and eat you, they can, and pretty much whenever they want. That doesn't happen often, but - and here is the absolutely salient point - once would be enough".
      He's about 650 points higher ranked and plays loads of tournaments. Need to summon up some Churchillian spirit in this one!!
      Flippin eck. I haven't communicated with Sergei yet. I may give it a go, although seeing as their president was talking about nuking us all yesterday it might not go well.

I'm already losing in one, holding my own in the other. They are scarily aggressive.

0 Not allowed!
      I said 'Strastvoite' (hello) to mine but he hasn't responded. And as Black I'm throwing a Sicilian Dragon at him, so if he's aggressive, it will be carnage (well, as carnage as chess can get)