Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do you or your neighbours feed foxes?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
We live next to a wood so there are quite a few foxes around. I always used to put all our food waste on a plate at night and it would be gone in the morning. Then one morning I went past the plate, which had been licked clean, only to find that the fox had had a dump right in the middle of it. No more food has been put out since.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There was an excellent documentary on the other week about the wide variety of wildlife in London. There was one old dear who not only fed urban foxes by lobbing food out of the window of her first floor council flat, she'd trained them to SIT! before she lobbed them the food :lolol:

was that the one with the fallow deer in Ealing i think at 4 a.m ....?? amazing...!! about 30 of the buggers ..!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One of my daughters lives in a cottage or a farm just outside Shrewsbury. She has a small / medium sized garden where she keeps 2 ducks as pets - Jemima and Florence.
When she got home on Sunday afternoon at about 4pm one was dead and the other wandering about in a dazed state with several chunks bitten out of her.
We know this was a FOX because no attempt was made to eat either duck - they were killed for fun.
Apparently there are only 3 creatures on the planet that kill for fun [not just to eat] - Cats, Humans and Foxes.
I understand why farmers supported the hunt to keep fox numbers down

Anyway, Jemima survived and is now recovering with her new step sister Pippa

Jesus Christ @ this

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Quite like them .

That picture of the toddlers injuries though. Couple of scratches.

Not quite the ripped to death injuries the article suggests would of happened.

They were probably playing. If they weren't the kid would be ripped immediately.

Story doesn't add up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite like them .

That picture of the toddlers injuries though. Couple of scratches.

Not quite the ripped to death injuries the article suggests would of happened.

They were probably playing. If they weren't the kid would be ripped immediately.

Story doesn't add up

I agree. The headline Could have ripped my baby etc.

I've had worst scratches trying to get my cat into her box, to go to the vets.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We live next to a wood so there are quite a few foxes around. I always used to put all our food waste on a plate at night and it would be gone in the morning. Then one morning I went past the plate, which had been licked clean, only to find that the fox had had a dump right in the middle of it. No more food has been put out since.

Maybe it was a way to thank you? At least they didn't do it in your garden

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
After years and years of seeing them around SW london i still don't tire of seeing them roam about at night. Such a beautiful sight.

I have been known to feed them.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How many children have been attacked by foxes I would hazard a guess it is a lot less than have been attacked by dogs or knocked down by cars etc.

Not blinkered at all , a fox is a wild animal and needs to be treated with caution but that does not mean it needs to be exterminated.

What is your view on adders , should they be killed on sight as they are poisonous?

Venomous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here