Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the first 43 days of 2018 America experienced:

18 school shootings
29 mass shootings
1,796 total gun deaths
3,099 total injuries

Same arguments on this topic could apply to all the terrorist attacks in the UK.

Really?

Your user name is the most apt name of any poster on NSC, or any other forum probably.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds bad, yet another tragedy.

Would it be easier for Americans if they just banned kids? Then Americans wouldn't need guns.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really?

Your user name is the most apt name of any poster on NSC, or any other forum probably.
Exactly the two posts I was going to put together. Not really the same situation, is it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]963886589578326017[/tweet]

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
59EEF918-D6A8-4099-B71B-61F13A1B33C3.jpeg

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
This is the local high school where I live and my 5 year old son will eventually go there one day. Just shocking to see. Our son is at a pre-k school about 1/4 mile from the high school and they also went into lock down. He is home now and fine. Agree with the flavor of comments on here about guns in America, but the solution is not easy when the place is just flooded with them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It makes you wonder what it would take for the US to change their gun laws. Their most popular political figures have been shot dead, school children gunned down, atrocities in every state and no sign of a law change.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is the local high school where I live and my 5 year old son will eventually go there one day. Just shocking to see. Our son is at a pre-k school about 1/4 mile from the high school and they also went into lock down. He is home now and fine. Agree with the flavor of comments on here about guns in America, but the solution is not easy when the place is just flooded with them.

Really good to hear your son is okay.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At least 17 dead according to the sheriff.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It makes you wonder what it would take for the US to change their gun laws.

It will take time. Lots of time.

America has an incredibly immature democracy that needs as much time as advanced European democracies had to evolve, develop and mature.

Simply put, America is built on greed, capitalism and selfishness. The poverty there is extraordinary (you never see it in the media) but they seem not to care. They must be allowed to do what they want it seems. Americans value ‘freedom’ over anything else but that’s the attitude of a teenager with no responsibility.

I don’t think we’ll see America grow up and take action on gun control this century. Many more innocent children will die.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Surely more guns is the answer.

Surely, a tank is the answer. I jest, but one turned up.

It’s really is sad that as a society we are now desensitised to these tragedies.

A couple of weeks ago a boy where we live in the US was arrested for making ‘terroristic threats’ against two local high schools. The two schools went on lock down. The pure chaos, frustration and feeling of not being able to do anything that morning when our daughter was at school is truly terrifying. I can only imagine what those parents are feeling right now.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Tragically it's hardly a news item any longer, it happens all too frequently.

The US news agencies should just do what The Onion does whenever this happens. Publish the same article with exactly the same words and just change the details for the most recent shooting......

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1823016659

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1820163660

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1819580358

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here